I couldn't believe my eyes when you turned up with a girl by your side when you came over. I thought I just invited you. I was glad you came, but not with another girl in tow. Anyway, I put up a tight smile and invited you in. And I kept telling myself she was just a friend and nothing more than that. She was not really that pretty (even if compared to me *I was quite confident with my appearance*) and never your type to start with. Your taste was damn high and you hardly praised anyone, the best was "ok lor.." Well, as the night came to an end, I still couldn't decide who she was to you. And as I was walking you to the door, I glimpsed she hooked your arm. I was surprised and thoughts started to rush in. I thought you joked you were a monk and that you would not want to get into a relationship so early. Plus, your taste was always high up in the sky and she was never even your level. What could you have seen in her!? The thoughts were choking me. But I pretended nothing happened and a cool front was all you could see. I saw you walk down the road from the balcony, it was too dark to see if you were holding hands. And curiosity gnawed at my mind. I so wished you could explain. And as if my thought reached you, you looked up and your eyes pierced right through my soul. Your doleful eyes told me you were sorry. I quickly ducked to avoid that message but it was too late.
I woke up with a start and cold sweat broke on my forehead. It was still dark and I banged my temple at the corner of my study table when I tried to sit up, then I fell back on to my bed and drifted into yet another dream.
5 comments:
i was thinking wad...dream pula...sweat..
lol..saja want to scare you..i really bang my temple la
Have you ever thought of writing a short story? you constructed the sentences beautifully...
i like the last few sentences of the first paragraph.
lol..if you read more chicklits or romance, you will find my sentences a cliche..thanks anyway
Post a Comment