Sunday, July 15, 2012

PRP vs FRP

So what happened was a PRP 'attacked' me verbally while I was talking calmly to her. I was kind enough to talk to her, to ask her on Thursday if there was any problem with her work cos I heard quite a few unfriendly comments about her attitude. Well I just started by saying that her attitude was a bit off and if there was anything wrong with her work and asked if she had informed anyone regarding her absence on Monday and Wednesday. If she has another role to play other than doing UOD/DDA that week I wouldn't give a damn of her whereabouts. But Monday and Wednesday are the busiest day for UOD PRP as Wei Jie, the E2S pharmacist isn't around to help screen his ward. Ok basically everyday is a busy day for UOD PRP. So nobody knew about her whereabouts and I had to look for a replacement for her told cos the person she asked to countersign her leave happened to be in satellite. And that was her second mistake, asking a satellite PRP to sign her leave. Satellite is already short of hand so we try not to disturb the balance. Then her ultimate mistake was not informing us, FRPs, she claimed she informed the PRP which was not sufficient. She also claimed she informed Pn Lim who apparently didn't bother to mention that to us. When I confronted her about this she started saying that it was my own opinion that her attitude was off cos she apparently got quite a lot of good comments at other departments. And there was a reason why she didn't like IPD cos the environment was hostile and that we were not friendly be it FRPs and PPFs. I asked how? She said when she asked a question to the PPF, they answered her in a way that made her feel stupid. Then she started giving me ideas to improve our environment and she hate it here, not only her, all other PRPs as well maybe minus the Chinese. She said I shouldn't judge her by colour in another word she meant that I was racist, just cos I was seen closer with Shin Gie and other Chinese PRPs from IMU. She asked if it was wrong to take off cos it was her right to take off and I couldnt stop her. Well, I think she just hasn't gone to induksi yet. I told her she could take but have to consult the timetable first and inform us so that we could make some changes in advanced cos other PRPs has other job to do too. In the end, just because they have to cover her UOD, their chances of hitting the requirement of their logbook reduced. She claimed that she has already applied her leave earlier and that time the timetable hadn't come out yet. I knew it was a month earlier and our timetable was out 2 months back. Then she claimed that it was already her 4th week of UOD. I said so what? She still made mistakes, simple ones such as changing the CMR bed number. She said I would have mistakes too if I were like her rotating to other departments before going back to IPD, 4weeks were not enough. I said no 1week was enough for me to do UOD without simple mistakes. She was quite taken aback by what I said. Yes I'm confident in what I do. So she started crying and claimed that I judged her by colour. Zzz sorry I scold everyone who makes mistakes. I proceeded with her 4th mistake which was to push her job to someone else and never followed till the end. There was a case earlier about calculating the dose of inferon, she did the calculation but passed it to Pn Lim who didn't know a thing to reply to the doctor while she went off to lunch with the excuse that she had to go for ward check later. And apparently Pn Lim told the HO that the test dose for inferon was 2ml when it was 0.5ml. The MO/specialist called and I answered the call and had to look for excuses to cover her ass. And there I was being labeled as racist.

Then yesterday she ignored my advice. After screening w4s till 12.15pm, she just dropped the file on the trolley and walked off without saying a word. I saw her telling Nasoha something and then left by the front door. I was quite surprised and asked Nasoha what she said. She claimed that Priya just asked her to do her trolley for her. I was mad of course. I asked her to call Priya to come back and do the trolley be it she was off in the afternoon or she went to lunch. That's the rule. Everyone has to clear the trolleys together before can go for lunch,especially the PRP doing UOD. She hung Nasoha's call halfway and then 1minute later she stormed into IPD and demanded why was I creating so much problem to her. I was quite taken aback by the attack cos I haven't even started saying anything and she already lashed out at me. Everyone was there and witnessed the whole drama unfold. I replied calmly nope, I wasn't creating any problem for her. Then she asked why I asked for her? I said that she didn't finish her work and left without telling a soul, which was the first mistake and it came to not respecting us her senior. She retaliated by saying she did tell Pn Lim and if it was a must to tell THE WHOLE WORLD that she was going off, as it was her auto-off since she had to work 5-10pm. I said be it 5-10 shift auto-off or applied time-off or lunch, she still had to stay back if there was no valid reason for her to be excused and she had to inform any of us, FRP or PPF if she was not comfortable with us, she could inform the PRP. She kept insisting she told Pn Lim, the boss of IPD. I said Pn Lim didn't inform us (and FYI, a lot of people saw her walking out of IPD with Pn Lim smiling away about something and this showed that Pn Lim was with her and she expected Pn Lim to inform us) and my boss was Cik Siti. How dare her. Her answer was simply cos she couldn't find Cik Siti. I said then she should inform me as I was the one in-charge of UOD and counseling, so I should be informed of the whereabouts of the UOD PRP and made sure that all trolleys were out of IPD in time. She said it was our mistake and attitude that made her hate to stay in IPD, we were all hostile and unfriendly towards her and all other PRPs. Imagine she said this in front of everyone. She continued with she passed her work to the lunchcall, that was the job of lunch call (to finish her shit for her). I said no, it should be her job cos she was the one who screened the ward and also the only who could understand perfectly what she screened to reduce the workload. I screened E2S and I filled the trolleys myself, I went out for lunch late, I didn't even complained and I never pushed my job to anyone cos only I understood what I screened. She retaliated by saying that last time Tracy left the UOD trolley for her to do as well and went off to lunch, how could she do that while she couldn't do it now. In another word, she meant I was biased and racist. I said during that rotation I haven't come back yet and if I were back here, I wouldn't let any of it happen. She could ask any of the PRPs, I never let any of them go before we cleared all the trolleys. And we all know Tracy, she wouldn't do that. Then she said why couldn't anyone just finish her job for her, like I said, only she could understand what she did. Then I brought up the mistakes about her not changing the CMR number then there was a PS left unattended. I went forward to look for the PS and that was when Tim came out of the pantry looking for a fight and started shouting at her saying that she shouldn't be so rude to me and so defensive of herself and she should admit her mistake. I was shocked at Tim's reaction, I was half thankful that she came out cos I was on the verge of raising my voice. I calmed down and shoved Tim back into the pantry. Priya shouted back at Tim asking who she was? Saying that she has no right to scold her. Then she turned to me and demanded that Tim apologized to her for scolding her and said that she has no right to scold her. I replied yes rank wise she didn't but experience wise she did have the altitude of scolding her. She still demanded for an apology. Knowing Tim, she wouldn't give in so I apologized on her behalf. She still insisted and stood outside the pantry and then she started crying. Tears again. I never knew tears were so strong. I tried to shoo her by apologizing of Tim's behalf. The drama was 15 minutes long and everyone was actually waiting for the farewell feast for Xin Hui to start and thus saw everything. I had to shoo her by telling her that I would scold Tim later. She didn't want to budge. Cik Siti came in, and shouted at her asking her to go, she was not welcomed. Another shock. My first time seeing Cik Siti shouted for being so angry at someone. Well, happy or not, she had to leave.

So that was one unforgettable farewell for Xin Hui. Later in the day, there was news saying that Priya went to see Dr Siti and they are speculating that I would be called to answer. Everyone soothed me by saying I was not wrong, nothing to worry. I hope so, finger-crossed.

I just feel unjustified for being labeled as biased and racist. Not only that, I just feel sad cos I have done so many things for them, but they don't appreciate what I do, instead I was lashed out and not respected.

No comments: