Just got back from an outing with YC. Reminded me of my younger days in Uni when we just loved to do impromptu outings such as this. Night was never too old for us, it was always young, dim sum at 12am or bak kut teh at 10pm seemed to be the usual activities back then especially during the final year exam. What a memory.
Nowadays, 11pm is a getting-ready-for-bed time. Movies ending at 10pm is considered a must-avoid, if possible. For Sunday, I must always get home by 10pm the latest, to get ready for bed for tomorrow's work. No more late night snacks, I rarely, maybe only once in a blue moon, have mamak unlike last time it was 10pm cheese naan with maggie goreng sotong at Steven's Corner continued with CC till wee hour in the morning on weekend. Have I grown old??
The outing just now was fun where we gossiped about everything gossip-able for us. Even though it was only 3-hour long with 1.5hours travelling time. 8pm kuey chap at Kimberley Street-fabulous followed by 9pm Nutella Cappuccino at Brew32. Why don't I get to do this in JB? Even in Singapore, I cared about the time we get back to JB. We can't get home too late cos I worry. About the next day, about the jam, if Kelvin is too tired. We have been, or more likely, it is me, who worries too much. About sleep, about work, about life generally.
I keep telling myself and Kelvin that we are still young if we plan to start all over again. But it seems that I am the one who is not practising what I preach. I care too much about what others feel and think. Perhaps it is time for me to start living again. To be who I am, not who I want to be. I am still young.
No comments:
Post a Comment