http://www.businessinsider.com/10-life-lessons-to-excel-in-your-30s-2014-4?IR=T
This is one good read. Especially over lunch by yourself. I might not be 30 yet but still I find this applies to all age, 20 and above. Looking back at my 20s now that I'm at my very late 20s, I agree to this piece and shall start practicing it.
First, I should stop worrying about what others think of me. As long as I am comfortable in my skin, I don't have to care about them and this means don't spend time with people who don't treat you well, they are not worth my time.
Second, I should be kind to myself and stop sweating over small matter like worrying about the future. What's mapped out in my mind, might not even happen in the future. Most of the time, I let myself ponder over trivial matter for days. Like thinking what would happen if I have done this or that differently. I used to think 'Was my service good? Would he/she come back?' I notice these thoughts really take a toll on me, I would blame myself if the customer didn't return or came back and complained to my boss. I would even think 'Damn, the auntie (my staff) sure would backstabbed me to my boss on d weekend'. But now, I don't give a damn, I'm starting to learn to let go as I still have less than a month with the company. It's really liberating.
Thinking back about my life, I realize I don't regret how I live it. If I have the chance to go back in time, I would tell myself to live the exact same way. I hope in the next 10 years, I would be able to say the same thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment