Monday, April 7, 2014

in my mind..

There are times I wish I can stay single but attached forever. Why must we get married? What's marriage to me? And to you? It seems as I grow old, I am getting more and more open to the idea of cohabiting instead of being bound by the papers.

I used to grow up thinking I must get married, I must have kids, to complete the human life cycle. But now, it doesn't matter to me anymore. I love my other half and never think of cheating or whatsoever. I want to be with him forever (at least that's how I'm feeling now), I'm into commitment. I'm ready but do we need the legal piece of papers to prove that we are ready?

I'm thinking more and more about this lately cos I start feeling the pressure as I'm at the right age, friends around me are getting to it and it's about time into the relationship. Not to mention the pressure from his family.

Another reason I waver is the commitment after the signature. Is it a must to have children for a family to be complete and happy? I believe most friends with children will say YES. But a research shows that 40% family with no kids are happier and more satisfied. That's a really high score.

It seems to me nowadays having babies is the only reason to get married. Pressure from the parents. That's my job-the wife-to give birth. That's the only commitment I'm not ready for. Cos I feel it's a crime to bring a naive and pure soul into this wretched world. That sounds lame. Ok, I admit that I'm just not ready for kids. I'm not ready to spend my hard-earned money on them. Or anyone for that matter except myself. And babies are scary! Especially when they cry and their temper...

I used to want kids cos I thought they were cute. Now I know they are cute as long as they are not mine. Lol!! Let's just hope one day I will be back to my old self who loves babies! But for now, if that's the reason for marriage, then I would rather not get married. I want to get married cos we want to be together forever and not because for the legal documents for legal purposes.

2 comments:

yH said...

don't think too much. you get married because you want to be together forever. and that's the promise you give each other. nothing else.

zephyrcj said...

50% is due to pressure from d parents cos they want grandchildren.