Tuesday, December 1, 2009

i need a break

Urgh~ this week did not start as smoothly as I would like it to be. Yesterday, I got really frustrated with the patients that I didn't even bring myself to look up to look at them as I knew all they would see would be a pair of killer's eyes. I didn't know why but I got really frustrated when they kept asking the same questions over and over again. I have repeated it for the zillionth time and they still asked again. Not only that, I don't understand why they love to ask for paracetamol. Oi, it costs about RM0.029 outside la.. GO BUY IT YOURSELVES!! You think our government hospitals are rich? Tell you what.. we are damn broke now, we are even out of labels and some other drugs. So, just go buy your own drugs if you can't wait for us to supply you the whole supply. We don't have enough either for everyone. Geram ar...

Then, today I was suddenly asked to handle DD. I really didn't want to have anything to do with it for now as I don't think I can do it. DD=dangerous drugs such as midazolam, morphine, alprazolam etc. Another word for it would be psychotropic drugs. Sigh~ what can I do? I can't possible say no. Well, I was new and of course, I would be a bit slow and didn't know what to do, right. So, please be gentle with me, k. But no, I was reprimanded within 30 minutes I started handling it. Dangz. Probably, I looked a bit relaxed but hey, I was actually trembling inside and my hands and legs were as COLD as ICE. Seriously! And I even had diarrhoea due to the stress. DD is not something someone like me would like to handle. It requires responsibility, a LOT of it. And I think I have too much that I am scared of it. I am always paranoid that I counted wrongly or the stocks do not tally with what written in the records, if so, the next day headline would be 'DD girl in HSA OPD OD-ed with the stocks she handled'. Dangz! LoL! Sigh~ today started with a lot of bad things. First thing in the morning, one of the DD drawers that held morphine could not be opened cos I locked it yesterday thinking that that would be the way, who knew I wouldn't need to lock the drawer instead all I had to do was to padlock it, that was all. Then, luckily, my senior gave me a hand and voila! it was opened. Thinking that it was opened, I pulled the drawer and then closed it back, and who knew it would be locked back AGAIN magically!! Had to trouble my senior again. That was not all. I was reprimanded for not answering when I was called to fill some prescriptions and that I shouldn't just sit in the room if I had nothing to do. Sigh~ I was counting the tablets, there were....I lost count. Oh well, not only that, a few drugs were down to NIL in the stocks and nobody indented last week so I had to make some patients waiting for a long long time. I really felt bad about it. And I thought Tuesday was not a busy day but today was a REAL BUSY day. Tomorrow is going to be another BUSY day. I really hope that tomorrow will be a better day.

I have been having nightmares these few weeks. I have always dreamt about counting tablets. I hope I won't have nightmares tonight, they are straining me and tiring me. Sigh~ I should really stop sighing. Now, I know how important and scary my job can be. Patient's life is on my hand and it's a pressure to make sure that they don't die on the drugs I am giving. I really hope this week will pass by smoothly..

2 comments:

sam said...

in ur hosp, just pengawai can handle the DD or include the dispenser?
in my hosp, dispenser also can go to the drawer take DD..so, everytime same problem happen, they take the DD but x record properly in the records book.. i really get mad because of their irresponsible... they trouble me, mske me scold by my boss, so, i create some problem to them also ..hehe...

c3 said...

date u on xmas to release stress... =]