Monday, January 17, 2011

eat play love...060111-110111

The land below wind. It was indeed as its name, a land below wind. Was there with Bubble for 6 days and it was full with ups and down. Down? I guess just the part where I vomited TDS. LOL!! It was my 1st time to throw up and got sick on a holiday. I guess it’s true as the old saying what goes around comes around. Hohoho.. Ya, I used to tease others when they were sick on a holiday or post-holiday. And now it’s my turn. It must be the oily food I ate, indigested. I recognized the spinach, mushroom etc. I wonder what is wrong with my system. Back in Penang in October, same thing happened. Hmmm…

Ok, enough with the vomit talk, I would talk about it later anyway. LOL! Once we landed, we headed to Kundasang for 3D2N at Rose Cabin. It was quite late for any activities as all the parks close at 5pm. It was a tough drive up 2 hours to Kundasang from KK. Bubble just braved it through the haze, I mean fog, and taking over lorries and cars with such grace, phew~ while I just looked out for Mount Kinabalu and gushing here and there for nothing in specific. First day there we just managed to walk around the Kindabalu HQ, took some silly pictures, just roaming around to get used to the routes and bought bayam goreng and jambu air with which Kelvin got a shock of his LIFE with ants crawling out from the jambu while he was eating, like some horror movie he said. At 8pm, it was already very very dark, pitch black and again, Kelvin just braved through the darkness like it was in broad daylight while I prayed hard that we didn’t encounter anything out of this realm. Takut la…hutan belantara leh…

teh susu kahwin?!

our rose cabin room

first stop-kinabalu park HQ

mount kinabalu is behind me..but too foggy

foggy-pretending to be in winter

foggy...

2nd day, we started our journey early…erm..10am?? 1st stop Kinabalu Park, it was sooo cooling up there, breezy, indeed land below wind. Then we headed to Memorial Park, a park to remember the Australian who died in the Death March back don’t which year. The place was like some Grecian park. Next stop was the Dairy Farm, it was more uphill and rocky roads. The result? Breathtaking view like we were in some other seasonal countries with black and white cows instead of normal brown cow. Took lots of pics with the cows and of course Bubble’s favourite belakang mari pics. After stopping every 10m from the head till the end of the cow farm for pics, we headed for Mesilau Nature Park, another cooling park just like the Kinabalu Park, it was actually the end-point for the hiking from Timohon at Kinabalu Park. Next stop was Poring Hot Spring, we had a thrill scaring ourselves at the height of maybe 100m at the Canopy Walk. The fee for the camera was more expensive than the owner himself. But just for RM3 we could cover all the parks was not bad at all..bloody cheap actually. After a long walk, we dipped our tired feet into 50 degree(I believed so) hot spring. Burnt our calves and amazingly the small nanah on my leg subsided-due to poisonous mosquito-just for a day though. LOL!! By the time we left the Hot Spring, all the places were already closed especially the Sabah Tea Farm which closed at 4.30pm and unluckily for us, the fish spa was closed for maintenance on the days we were there, we were late anyway. The fish was scarily HUGE for fish spa. Overall, we covered all the places I wanted to go in a day though I expected 2 days. And dinner was hot hot steamboat on a chilling night. Hehe..

drove all the way up to pondok timohon at kinabalu park

stopped by a tanah runtuh to take such dangerous pic..

overexposed ghost

kundasang war memorial

LOL!! cute!!

australia on the jangan pijak saya grass

whoa..kuatnyer~

Bubble and his cows

dairy farm

rare to see black and white cow mooooooooooo~

like in another cold country

dutch?

mesilau nature park

autumn?

poring hot spring

going to canopy walk

wore only slippers to wet slippery jungle trekking

at least i wore a better shoe

canopy walk

show-off (actually he takut till bent his knees)

vandalism

at the last stop

masak kaki

painful?

sabah tea garden at closing time

dinner steamboat in a cold weather..yummy..sigh~

3rd day, we woke up to a mouth-dropping, amazing view at as early as 7.30am. Right in front of our eyes was the magnificent Mount Kinabalu. Breathtaking!! We couldn’t stop snapping pics. It was foggy the previous days so we didn’t realize it was sooooo near…. Hmmm…I wonder what would it be like for those who woke up everyday to such amazing view. After breakfast, we left for KK, stopped at Lintas for Bubble’s favourite YoYo bubbles and also lunch at Upperstar. Planning to leave for Beaufort for the Klias River Cruise after we checked into Myne Hotel, but we were stalled and the plan was cancelled by a great game of chess. Haha.. We ended up watching Season Of The Witch at 1Borneo and eating dinner at Tanjung Aru.

the magnificent view just right outside our room

looks photoshopped, haha..

mount kinabalu

our room at myne hotel..just love the duvet

The next day was a disaster, I woke up to a sick stomach, vomited everything I ate for the past 3 days, amazing how my little stomach could store sooo much liquid and food indigested. Thinking that was the end, I drank some water, cleaned myself and ready to go to Gaya Street. Once we reached the bottom of the steps, I pushed Kelvin aside and everything was out before I could look for the toilet or at least a drain. The remaining mushroom and liquid. LOL!! Went back to the room to wash up, thinking that that was all, we headed out again. Walked halfway through Gaya Street, didn’t even have the energy to walk and see, just thought of going back to rest. Thanks Bubble for finding me food and got frustrated when couldn’t find porridge. LOL!! In the end I just downed metoclopramide with 100Plus. We headed back to the room and the taxi we took scammed us!! It was just some 500m distance and we were charged RM11! Sorry, if it was not for me… Next thing I knew, I again pushed Kelvin aside once we stepped into the hallway and rushed to the toilet, everything was out again. Why didn’t I think of vomiting in the taxi?? Hmmm…

Luckily, I was well by Monday! And we could go to the Padas White Water Rafting, level 3-4. Nice!!! Of course I wouldn’t have wasted Bubble’s RM180 even if I were dead sick and had to crawl, I would not let go of such great experience!! Imagine the wave was higher than us and tried to suck our boat in. It was AWESOME!! The bus took us to Tenom (3 hours) to get on the last train of Borneo to Pangi. Then, we braved through the rapids for 3 hours all the way to some place where we took a very old train all the way to Beaufort and by the time we reached KK it was already 8pm. People said capsizing would be a lot more fun but we somehow didn’t manage to capsize even though we asked for it. LOL! We volunteered to jump into the river between rapids. It was an amazing experience! And what made it perfect was doing it with the person I love..

Thanks Bubble for making my dream come true….

No comments: