Monday, March 7, 2011

singapore cycling expedition!!!

It was a surprise that Kelvin would agree to the idea. Ok la..I half knew he would agree, cos it was one of his favourite activities other than sitting in front of the pc. The other half of me expected him to reject the idea cos it was hard for him to have a rest day as he works 30 days a month. Well, it was a whim, it came to me on Wednesday after work. Why not?! LOL!! And I am glad that the idea popped up..

took the A-B-C-D-E-F-park

this is East Coast Park Area C. I heard about this cycling from Nirvana

this is where we rented our bike. SGD6/hour, buy 1 hour free 1 hour so it's actually SGD3/hour

1st pit stop for us while waiting for the other two to catch up

a break at Bedok Reservoir

seems like she's either peeing or thinking of jumping in..pity those who drink from this reservoir

so cute right!? LOL

this is the bicycle track

this is the walking track..so organized and safe..


2nd pit stop at Tampines, ahh...cooling...

after 4 hours, we reached changi beach, about 20+km later, just right before the heavy downpour

after chillax, our journey continued

Kelvin fails in his acting...

the Changi Airport is just behind me, stretches as long as 8km

this is the map i printed..but this is nothing compares to kelvin's GPS

our dinner at China Town..crowded...nice food

And the froggy feast began..

kong po frog

frog porridge

taukua

vege

fish meat noodle..fishy smell

The route was 42km long but we bypassed Pasir Ris, so it became about 40km or so. The first 20km took us quite some time cos we stopped and took pictures, looking at the map on the road, spying on houses and cars, we passed by lots of landed properties, we even had to push out bike across 3 overhead bridges, 2 with slopes, 1 with stairs but conveniently there was a small longkang by the stairs meant for people to push their bike up. This is what we called understanding and convenience! LOL!! Singapore is sooooo organized, just the way I like to live. We took a break by the Changi Beach, cos the sunset there was pretty but too bad for the heavy downpour, so we just got to see people parasailing without the boat, with just the wind, A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!! And also caught a few glimpses of really fair guys that made CCC drooled all over Richard..hohoho..

Then, we started on our 2nd lap of biking after the rain stopped and also the couple next to our table at the bistro complained that we were noisy. LOL!! Well, that's common wherever I am. The 2nd lap was about 18-20km too. But Kelvin and I managed to finish them within 2 hours while the other two took 3 hours. They were amazed that we still have so much energy in us. Well, this was the love energy I replied! LOL!! We passed by watersports like water skiing but without motorboat, just pulled by rails overhead..it was cool!! I would love to try it someday!! Kelvin was also amazed that I could match up with his speed and the distance of 40km. ZzzZZzZZ...please don't look down on me. I love activities that don't involve my legs to have direct contact with the ground...And I was the one who ask you to go, don't forget that..

Well, Bubble, thanks again for realizing this dream of mine.. I can't wait for the 20 WCPCN!!!

No comments: