Wednesday, July 15, 2015

i am just too fast...

I find that I am just too fast. I am not sure if all the while I have been like this, but lately I am getting more and more aware of this habit of mine, being fast, that is. I respond to things very quickly and very impatient, that sounds bad. I try to slow myself down cos some mentioned that being to fast and impatient or anxious might cause thyroid problem. Well, don't be surprised, hyper- or hypothyroidism is idiopathic which means even idiot can't explain it. So, anxiety and quick responses might trigger release of the hormones in excess.

Sometimes, it is a boon to be this quick, especially when there are a lot of customers to clear or when I am being bombarded by lots of questions at one go. Sometimes, it is a bane when I tend to grow impatient and start to interfere explanations and speeches. I also hate it when my mouth is too quick to answer or comment anything before it gets filtered by my brain.

So, today a customer walked in with a card, not our membership card but a MMA card, and asked for 'special price' for Dr. It is weird as I wonder where people get their mindset that being someone from a medical field grants you 'special price'. I don't see myself, or any of my friends, for that matter, walk in to a pharmacy and ask for 'special price' just cos we are from the same field, or better yet into a clinic and demand for a better and cheaper consultation just cos we are pharmacists. But professionals like the sale reps and Dr do demand for such 'special price'. C'mon, you are a Dr and you can't get med at a cheaper price at your clinic or the hospital you work at, than a pharmacy? And the consultation fees Dr charge should be able to afford the medication without any 'special price', right? Anyway, let's not digress. I checked the 'special price' for the customer and she then claimed that my competitor could give a better price (which was really LOW), I had to let go of this customer and advised her to get from that pharmacy. She turned and walked away as I turned and walked away, but my quick mouth got a better of me, and blurted under my breath 'a waste of my time'. OH GOSH!!! My fucking mouth!!! I really regretted right away for muttering the 5-word. Really hoped the customer was too far to hear it.

So, the moral of the incident was PLEASE FILTER MY MOUTH!! My profession is at stake here.

2 comments:

yH said...

Eh, u bk to retail again?

zephyrcj said...

ya.. since last november