I really feel the backpacking spirit in this trip with all the map-twisting-looking, sight-seeing, camwhoring, wrong-turnings and lots of walking. On the first evening, I went to Bugis St (Sg Wang+Petaling St), Suntec City, Flyer (and no, I was not stuck in there), the two durian-like dome Esplanade, I even got to enjoy harps performance at Theatre On The Bay, the Merlion and lastly, Clarke Quay! Clarke Quay is cool for its nightlife, clubs here and there, the design of the place itself is unique.
Then on the second day, my spirit was dampened by the heavy pour started since the night before till the next evening. There was practically no vit D absorption and we were stuck in the shopping malls the whole day. We planned to go to Labrador Secret Tunnel, Singapore Discovery Centre, Singapore Science Centre, Chinese Garden, Japanese Garden, Chinatown, Snow City, all the Jurong's attractions but it has to be cancelled due to the rain. It was a little letdown but visiting the main post office, having a waffle buffet there (yup in the post office), posting 4-5 free postcards and shopping at Vivocity patched it up. Next we hit the famous Orchard Road for the Christmas countdown. It was great except for the human jam where we were squashed from all angles and pushed to move forward..ewww.. In the end, we chilled out at The Signature by Indochine below Wisma Atria with a live band.
On the third day, we all woke up late and only shopped at Bugis St and Bugis Junction. That's practically the whole day. And at night we went to Night Safari which was rated as average by me.
When I reached KL yesterday, I started to despise KL and condemning the place. It's dirty, bad traffic, long queue at the LRT counter, noone abides the traffic law. Ok, I know I am bad for saying all this but it's true. Look at the Christmas in Gurney Drive and BB, it was messy and all the cans were strewn everywhere on the road practically covering every inch. In Singapore, not that you don't see a can littered on the ground, but at least there were not as much as in Malaysia. And noone stopped the cars and sprayed them. It was all well controlled by the police! I love the security there and even the police are good-looking. There were police cruisers everywhere and they stopped by to ask us what we were doing outside the dorm so late at night, it was 1am. CC even told me that the police would fetch any teenagers under 16 home. I should have faked my age when we missed the bus and MRT at night. Just for the free ride. Talk about public transport. You will never get lost in Singapore with all the complete lists of buses at every bus stop and the time they reach the stops. Damn!! I think I am besotted with Singapore, maybe not besotted but totally head over heel. There are even underground shops in some underpasses where you got to enjoy some shopping. Since I was low on budget, I didn't manage to get anything for anyone and even for myself except for CLEO (I love the CLEO there, the topics are sooooo open and soooo my type!!), I plan to go again next year exclusively for SHOPPING only. Ok, enough talking..
No comments:
Post a Comment