Tuesday, April 7, 2009

oh, i have wings

Seriously...but they are not real. In fact it's a deformity called winged scapula. My scapula is protruded in a very prominent way, outward and backward. It's supposed to lie flat into the back but it's not because of the weakened serratus anterior muscle that attaches the scapula to the rib and stabilizes the scapula. I don't know what weakened the muscles but my housemates said it was probably because I sat too much in front of the comp. What's the effect of winged scapula? Hunching, limited ability to lift their arm above their head (so now I know why I can't lift my arms up fully and not because of the bra position or overexercised shoulder muscles) and worse come to worse, paralyzed arms. That's a shock and scary~ I mean I just had a knee injury--flat feet, now this!? Not only the wings, I have pigeon chest too. I know this since I was young. I remembered the doctor told me it was nothing unusual having pigeon chest. I could feel the sternum just by touching the chest, well, at least it saves the rescuer's time locating for the lower part sternum when the need for CPR arises. Lol.. If I were half-naked, the rib was obvious and I am not a model. And I started to blame the pigeon chset that my breasts were having a hard time growing. What makes it worse is that my left ribcage protrudes more than the right ribcage. Thanks to the muscles again-intercostal muscles. I don't know what causes all this. I don't have trauma or anything, maybe it's congenital? I don't know. And all involves muscles, have I really overexercised???

No comments: