Wednesday, September 2, 2009

i sounded old

Well, someone commented that. Where? In MapleStory. Yup the kiddie online game I play. This is the first time I got such comment from a kid, erm...a 16-year-old. Lol.. For the past two months I was in the game day and night-about 90% of my waking hour, I notice that the game was not only for kids but also adults like me and some even older than me. Ok, so I have befriended some 49-year-old English male back in Rappelz but that was different, it was 3-D and like what Gaik Hi said, the female chars are all boing-boing so meeting older people like him was fine. Not I mean that Maple is only for kids. It's fun though with no boing-boing and it's 2-D. Well, I am not writing about me having anything against adults playing kiddie game. In fact, it's a great stress reliever. You won't believe how many adults from various professions I have befriended. And I am glad I am in the guild that is full of my clique. What I want to blog about is the comment that set my dusty and rusty thinking machine moving.

There is a girl called MrMaxsinx in the alliance who plays her brother's male character. She asked about my age quite a few times when she got to know that my Maple dear was just 14 years old. Yup, I am dating a 14-year-old boy in the game. And I am actually having fun and getting married soon. Gratz me! Lol.. Anyway, I asked her why she was so eager to know and she said it was because I sounded old. In what sense? The way I talked. Lol.. I was surprised! I thought I have disguised myself well enough. Erm.. Not that I need any disguise at all, I am a kid myself, though not in the appearance. And that set my brain cell working, me sound old!? Now, I feel old. I told my guildmaster, Ion, about it and he said he thought I was a 16-year-old when he first talked to me and thus I have succeeded in blending myself into Maple. But now, where did I do wrong? Hmm.. am I not kiddie enough? Who knows..well, I guess I have to observe more and blend in.

I told Nirvana about it, another guildmate of mine. And he said I shouldn't care about what she commented. Cos if I felt old now, he would be ancient. I haven't even started working, getting married, practically my life has not even started and I already felt old. Lol.. He said perhaps she could not differentiate between maturity and old or something like that. He even said that I should feel young by heart and mind in order to be young. Appearance is not everything. But as time goes by, as we grow older, we are exposed to the world's bad influence(or something negative, I can't remember what he said) and cynicism, we change and the way of our thinking changes too. He also said something about staying pure and we would be young but the most important thing is we must believe and feel young by heart and mind. I totally agree with him. There was a statistic saying that the number of old people who thought they were younger than their age, was higher than the young people who thought they were young. Which means young people feel old and old people feel young. Lol.. And those old people live longer. Sigh~I must be optimistic!!

1 comment:

c3 said...

i miss you telling the stories den me and selina can hv a gd laugh and giggles...