Just got back from the great badminton final between Lin Dan and Lee Chong Wei! Though Chong Wei couldn't get a gold and was beaten at 21-12, 21-8, he still played a great game against the World No. 1 and obtained a silver! He is our man! We should not say he lost, in fact he has won by obtaining a silver for Malaysia, also a great birthday present for Merdeka!
I remembered I read once in History that Olympics were an ancient Greek festival to honour Zeus. It is an event where everything has to be stopped, even the war, for the Games. It sounds so grand and honourable. In ancient time, only the males can participate in the Games and no females are allowed to be in the stadium. But now, the world has changed, people changed so females are not only allowed to be in the stadium but also take part in the Games. Great and noble..=.=
What I want to say is, I was not and never a great fan of sports-any kind-but now I practically watch and read Olympics every single day to know what's happening, who wins what medals, who breaks what records. This is the magic of Olympics (probably just works on me, lolz!)! Olympics managed to gather people from all walks of life to sit down properly and cheer for their favourite players and also countries! It really opened my eyes where there were even people who did not even mind standing at Steven's Corner just to cheer for Chong Wei. The mamak was flooded by human, just like the Chinese saying goes "ren shan ren hai" (human hill, human sea). Lolz!
Beijing Summer Olympics are a record-breaking Olympics! The one that catches my attention is Michael Phelps! The 8-gold, 7-record-breaking swimmer from Baltimore! Too bad, I don't have ASTRO and the fucking RTM1 keeps showing me some other events that I have no interest in such as the female weight-lifting, boxing (sadistic!)! Not only I was deprived from the pleasure of watching the 1.92m bloke break records, RTM1 also loves to stop showing events halfway when I actually started to enjoy it. Now, I just can't wait for synchronized swimming this coming Thursday. Hope that the sadistic RTM1 shows it.
No comments:
Post a Comment