Sunday, August 24, 2008

yoyo

I just hate traffic jam. I just came back from BTS and I just didn't get it, it's Sunday, the petrol is expensive but still there are so many cars on the road. Took me 30mins to get back. Took a break from the studying, yeah right, now I can't even finish studying 7 lectures.

On the way to get the car, I came across the yoyo competition taking place in BTS 3rd floor. Watching the game, it brought back lots of memories from the secondary school where I played yoyo too with my friends. We were in all-girl school, mind you. Shocked?! Nah..It was a fad back then where most of my friends bring a yoyo to school. I owned one, a rather cheap crappy one, not rich to get a good one. My friends like Pamara, Jian Ming got better, cooler and definitely more expensive ones. They had not only one but a few. They even knew what strings were needed to do great tricks. We learned a few tricks like 'walking the dog', fast spin, the triangle trick and a lot more. Pam and Jian Ming were so into yoyo that they were like pros while I just learned the fast spin and a tiny weeny bit of 'walking the dog'. Even my fast spin lasted for a short time while the others' lasted for quite long. And I always failed at the triangle trick when they already started learning other more difficult tricks.

Back then, it was so much fun where we didn't have to worry about failing a semester or even a paper, there was no pointer to score, just have to make sure that the average mark does not waver much. I could easily score without memorizing anything and the best of all was, I only read my notes once. It was not that the papers were not difficult, they were; my school requirements were high in order to stay as the premier girls' school back then. With my deteriorating grades nowadays, I could only blame my own brain cells for degrading due to ascending age. Or maybe it's the coffee that's killing the cells.


No comments: