Friday, October 10, 2008

i hurt my knee

According to Neoh, my right patella has moved a bit from its position and that is making my sole arch flat!! I don't want a FLAT foot even if it's normal for Asian. The patella moved because the inner side of my quadriceps became too weak to support it and the stronger outer quadriceps pulled it towards it. This is just one problem. There's another. My right knee menisci are rubbing each other and it pretty much hurts whenever I stand too long, walk too much, squat too long, jump too much and do any weight-bearing activities. Sad.. I can't run, jog-not that I like it-jump, no more squash, no more ping pong, practically no more energetic exercise, ONLY swimming and SITTING! The problem occured when I wore the wrong footwear for hiking last month and I thought it would be fine in no time so I just left it be. It was supposed to be fine within 3 weeks because the body has its own mechanism to right what's wrong but at the same time it has the mechanism to avoid pain-more like a change of habit. But it has been a month and the pain pesists so it has become chronic pain. Neoh had a look at it after I complained of the pain, thanks to the hard jumping when singing at Neway resulting in clicking at my knee. He said I have to see orthopaedic to get the treatment, MRI for a better diagnosis. He's sure that I hurt my menisci. Sad.. I don't want to waste any more money cos I have used too much for this sem. I was taught a few simple leg exercises that might help to strenghten the quadriceps and get my patella straight and also get back the arch. Hope they work but it's going to take a long long time..ARGH!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good to have a future physiotherapist in ur house. i wan a optometrist.

zephyrcj said...

why you need an opto? you hurt your eyes?

Anonymous said...

If you hurt your eyes, an optometrist won't help. You have to see an eye specialist.