So, it was counseling today. I thought I did well, not that I really cared about the marks I got. I expected myself to get somewhere around 15 out of 20. The thing was...she pissed me off, just pissed me off. She commented that I didn't show empathy to my patient when he was coughing! For God's sake! My patient wasn't even coughing when I was talking to him. If not, I would have stopped and asked how he was. I was not that blind like how she portrayed. She said my patient was coughing badly which I just ignored and continued talking about the drugs. Bloody hell!! I think her head was clouded by perindopril, which side effects I neglected, when she reviewed his BHT! I really couldn't recall him coughing. I felt so indignant about it that I went against her, using my well-pronounced English, trying to make her eat back what she said. But she just showed me that irritating row of stained teeth of hers and smiled it through by saying that he was coughing and I was ignorant. She reminded me of the mouse in my class. Bloody!!!! I stood my ground and said she messed me up with other people. And again, that annoying bar of jutted teeth. FOOK!
Fine! I let that slide. Next, she said I told the patient too much about the action of the drugs. Well, the patient was confused why he was given a few antihypertensives and so I just told that they all acted differently and together they would correct his blood pressure effectively and the same with the anticoagulant and antiplatelet, that they both thinned his blood together. And she said that patient did not ask about it and thus my information was redundant and confusing. Fook off!! Maybe I messed up with the mock counseling I had with the patient yesterday, he asked me why he was given those drugs. So, I just told him today that they acted better together. And she said the patient did not ask and maybe he did, but the translator did not tell her that. She was unbelievable!! Trying to put the blame on other people, it was malicious!!! I tried to reason with her why I gave those information, but again that jutted teeth and the irritating slit of eyes and smile... FINE!!!!!
Another thing that I can't believe is that she actually compared me with the students before me! I did not print the drugs picture but my the previous student did and she said I did not have a picture of drugs to guide the patient!!! What a thing to say!!! She shouldn't be comparing, she's a lecturer!!!! After the whole useless fuss, I kept asking myself where the hell she got her PhD!! Then, she should go back there to evaluate the students all the way she loves it. I stopped her while she was commenting on other students to ask what she would tell the patient if he asked why he was given so many drugs for the same indication. She again linked to my case that my patient did not ask for it. Hey, I was not asking about my case, I was asking what we should have done if the same thing happened in the future. She said she would told the patient that they worked differently but together they were better than one drug. There! The same thing I did! Then, she said I should have gauged my patient's education/knowledge. Well, my patient is a curious person and he was very interested about what was going on!
She's UNBELIEVABLE!!! Saying untrue things about me and her other victims!!! Making us the bad guys and putting blames on others!!!
Today's horoscope:
There are days, dear Cancer, when it's important to take everything with a grain of salt. Today, you may realize how important it is to you to gain the appreciation and respect of a certain person. It's not worth getting worked up about, you will only make things worse. You may just need to do something that will put the fire back into the emotions inside of you.
I should have read it before I left for clinical today...
No comments:
Post a Comment