1. It's my 2nd week into ICU and so many patients passed away. I wondered if I have brought a shinigami along with me.
-2 H1N1 cases
-2 severe sepsis
-1 MVA
2. But sometimes, miracle just happened. A patient was stabbed through the neck by a BIG wood and I mean HUGE, narrowly missed his carotid artery and thyroid glands, he survived and still kicking.
3. I found out I love being attached at ICU when at first I dreaded the time to go into ICU. Into the 2nd week, everyday I would try my best checking on patients and look for interventions trying to beat the two pros but I definitely lose. Just having fun.
4. I have been a naughty girl, stirred the memory of me ponteng sekolah. I cabut at 5pm yesterday and went to Batu Pahat (1.5hour drive) to have dinner with Kelvin's friends and came back at 12.30am, reached JB at 2am and slept at 3.30am, woke up at 7am for work this morning.
5. I suggested to give slow K to a patient who was on T. HCTZ and I was sooo worried that her K level suddenly shot up, made me jittery.
6. Then, today I suggested to give IV Unasyn 3g TDS instead of QID to a patient whose SCr was within range but CrCl was a bit low. Since the 2 pros were not around, I just suggested and the doctors accepted. Was I happy? DEFINITELY! But at the same time, worried as hell that I might be wrong!
7. I was told that my watch totally KO, unrepairable, no diagnosis, no treatment, no nothing. Just KO. So now I am watchless.
8. I lost count of how many bruises, cuts and broken nails I got these weeks.
9. I didn't go to gym for a long long time....
10. Last but not least! My cholesterol level is 6.7 mmol/L. Congratz!! I just can't wait to go back to my crab porridge.
-2 H1N1 cases
-2 severe sepsis
-1 MVA
2. But sometimes, miracle just happened. A patient was stabbed through the neck by a BIG wood and I mean HUGE, narrowly missed his carotid artery and thyroid glands, he survived and still kicking.
3. I found out I love being attached at ICU when at first I dreaded the time to go into ICU. Into the 2nd week, everyday I would try my best checking on patients and look for interventions trying to beat the two pros but I definitely lose. Just having fun.
4. I have been a naughty girl, stirred the memory of me ponteng sekolah. I cabut at 5pm yesterday and went to Batu Pahat (1.5hour drive) to have dinner with Kelvin's friends and came back at 12.30am, reached JB at 2am and slept at 3.30am, woke up at 7am for work this morning.
5. I suggested to give slow K to a patient who was on T. HCTZ and I was sooo worried that her K level suddenly shot up, made me jittery.
6. Then, today I suggested to give IV Unasyn 3g TDS instead of QID to a patient whose SCr was within range but CrCl was a bit low. Since the 2 pros were not around, I just suggested and the doctors accepted. Was I happy? DEFINITELY! But at the same time, worried as hell that I might be wrong!
7. I was told that my watch totally KO, unrepairable, no diagnosis, no treatment, no nothing. Just KO. So now I am watchless.
8. I lost count of how many bruises, cuts and broken nails I got these weeks.
9. I didn't go to gym for a long long time....
10. Last but not least! My cholesterol level is 6.7 mmol/L. Congratz!! I just can't wait to go back to my crab porridge.
There were just sooo many amazing things, good, bad, sweet and sour happened in these 2 weeks that I could barely write them down.
No comments:
Post a Comment