Sunday, May 9, 2010

The lil girl cried..uwuah~uwuah~ the sister consoled her and told her not to cry, it was just an accident, it was not on purpose, oh, please don't cry..she said. The lil girl cried even louder. I wanted to rush to her and ask what was wrong but I just stood there and glimpsed at the drama unfold. The lil boy just stood at the side and watched, not budging. Then the father came and asked what was wrong. The sister explained they were just playing and koko accidentally threw the ball to meimei's face and it was accident, it was not on purpose. And then suddenly everyone had something to say and the lil girl cried even louder. Silence! The father said. It was just a game, if you keep crying everytime you play, then noone would play with you anymore. Come, I sayang, it's just a soft bump. The lil girl quieted down. Ok, now go drink water, later everyone goes back and have 100PLUS! YAY!!! The kids cheered.

The whole drama did wake some old buried memory. Though my parents would never have said ok, we have 100PLUS later, cos to them soda is unhealthy or at least to my mom. I do remember my parents telling me that if I kept crying eveytime I played with my brother or anyone, noone would want me to join them for games anymore. I can't recall much of my childhood, most friends commented I didn't have a childhood, cos I was forbidden to try lots of things like snacks, soda etc. and I was always at home, I was never allowed to go out to play with friends. Yup, I was a protected little princess and still am. LOL! Oh, looking at the kids, how I wish I am as young as them, no need to worry about anything, no need to make decisions, just enjoy all the time you have in the world. Well, I just wanted to tell the kids to enjoy their time with each other and keep those sweet memories in a sacred box behind their mind. But of course, I didn't say that, they would think I was crazy and ask their grandpa to evict me.

No comments: