I don't know what to describe this week as. Hectic? Busy? Clumsy? Perhaps, messy is the best word. And not to leave out HOT!!! I was attached to medical ward C3 for a week. And god, it was a furnace! It's actually the same for all medical ward but somehow, I don't know how that this week in C3 was the worse.. I guess it was raining most of the days last weeks. I didn't have to move around much and I was already sticky with sweat and it got worse when I went down to Satellite A and went back up to C3 or made a trip to PP1, I would sweat like a horse from neck till my soles. Exaggerated?? Maybe not..
Things started to go haywire a bit on the second day. I was asked by a HO how to recon chemo. Carboplatin and docetaxel sumore. Walao...I was sooooooooooo scared. I insisted on not handling it and she has to do it herself, I would just guide her through the whole process. Not that I remember the steps pun. Haha.. I takut mati, yeah! In the end, after all the hassle of going back to ward supply to get the ondansetron and learning all the techniques, the HO told me she might not start chemo that early, maybe at night. Whatever..I got to learn new things anyway. Hehe..
There were lots of patients in C3 till the aisles are occupied fully. Trust me, it's FULL!! It made me wonder where the hell they came from. It was like every house in town has donated someone sick into the ward. LOL.. In the end, I finished my work at 6.20pm and punched out at 6.40pm. Damn tired but fun.
Then, on Thursday I realized that I lost, ok lost sound heavy, though I did lose them, lets say misplaced both Min Ran's and Fui Boon's Enforcement logbooks. I couldn't find them anywhere. I tried recalling and I remember I still had it till Tuesday. I remembered telling Fui Boon that I had their books. Then, I remembered there were a few places I left them, in my car, in my bag, in the locker. I wished so hard that I actually left it in my room but no, it wasn't. Urgh~ I was soooo careless and upset with myself. I decided to make a trip back to ward supply at 8pm to look for it, knowing that I would sleepwalk at night if I waited. I braved myself and drove all the way to HSA and took the keys from A&E and made myself walk to ward supply. There was no guard around, I thought I could ask one to accompany me. Maybe not..I would be afraid of him more than the 'thing'. I tried to push all the stories from my mind and kept walking till I reached the huge gate. It was sooo dark there. Wanted to chicken out and call Kelvin but no, this was my own mess, I should do it myself. Opening the gate at such a dark place was scary and slow. At last, I got the gate opened and I quickly switched on the light and made my way to the second gate. It was another dark universe in ward supply. I seriously wanted to chicken out. I forced my eyes to look in front and dared myself to see the unseen. Nothing. I made my way to DIS and started searching. Nope, no there. Ward Pharmacy next. Nope not there either. Where where where?! I couldn't think of another place anymore. I searched everywhere twice but still fruitless. Then I thought maybe I have passed them to Fui Boon unconsciously, it was not impossible since I have been doing things unconsciously lately. So, I sms-ed her and walao! thank god, she replied fast and told me that she had collected hers from DIS table, I was soooo excited that I asked her if she had seen Min Ran's too. She said no. Oh no! I couldn't waste my time to sms and I called her to confirm. Then I realized it was always there right under my nose, it was all because of my clumsiness and rushing, that I didn't realized. It was under the stack of Tini's logbook. Phew~ Thank god. If I have lost them, I wouldn't know what to do. Cry, maybe? LoL.. After the whole thing, I really felt like crying cos I was sooooo upset with myself that I was so clumsy and lost. I didn't know what I was doing. But I really have to salute myself for going to ward supply all by myself. The funny thing was the manufacturing PPKs saw me when I was walking pass and they thought I was that 'thing' cos I was all black and my hair was covering my face and was really dark..That really made my day. Had a good laugh.
Well, not only bad things happened throughout the week. Lots of good things too!!! Shh...
No comments:
Post a Comment