I was curious on how survey was done so I went to help Eng Wee to do his survey in Confucius High School. We were assigned 3 Form 4 Art classes-4AH, 4AM and 4AU. I was in charge of 4AM. It was a terrible class, I had to say. I entered the class, introduced myself and the students just minded their own business like I was invisible. After I passed out the questionnaires, I said they could ask me questions regarding the questionnaires and I would try my best to explain to them. I stood there, no response. They just continued their task at hand which was colouring. No one cared, just a few flipped it through and then put it aside. Thinking that they didn't understand the Malay (maklumlah Chinese school plus hind class), smiling sweetly (though my mind was hoping they would give me negative reply) suggesting that I could read and guide them through each question if they wanted. Again, no reply. I felt like a clown. I wanted to hit the table badly and said it would only take 5 minutes, that was all.
Two girls at the front pitied me and did the questionnaires, asking me if they had to read through all. I said of course as it was to test their understanding regarding drugs. One of them asked if she could tick all 'Tidak Pasti's due to laziness. I was shocked and suggested that she should screen through some. In the end, she refused and ta-da!! all 'Tidak Pasti's were ticked! GOD!
Then, a guy (believed to be a prefect) came to the two girls' table asking them to do the questionnaires with him. Noticing that the girls' and his questionnaires were slightly different, he asked me the reason. I told him they were for different genders done by two students. Guess what he said! Let's call him E.
E : Why didn't I get the girl's questionnaire? I am a girl, you know?!!
Mouth ajar, I glanced him once over.
My head : He's a guy, right? I mean he is wearing a male prefect uniform, alright! He must be kidding me!
E : I am a girl! I insist on changing the questionnaire!
I quickly grabbed the extra questionnaires on the table before he managed to do anything weird. Then, I started laughing.
E : Hey, I am really a girl! Is it something wrong? I am a girl trapped in a male body!! It's not my fault to be reincarnated into a male body! I didn't choose it!
Me : Aaaa..ok.. (whatever! Just answer the bloody questionnaires!)
Whoa..!! I kinda saluted him for daring to say that. It takes lots of courage and bravery to admit such thing. After passing up the questionnaire, one of the girl called E to go out with her to pass up something. Guess what she called him! ELAINE!! I almost rolled on the floor.
I observed the students and I wondered what has happened to the kids nowadays. The bags they carried to school were much much more fashionable then mine back when I was in school and even now in University. More than half the girls straightened their hair and some even had the latest hairstyles! And they are unmanageable! Compared to these students, I seemed to be like an angel back in secondary school. Lol..
Now, I knew how taxing it was to face the subjects and asked them to do the survey! If I were given a choice, I think I would choose to stay in the lab.
No comments:
Post a Comment