Sunday, May 17, 2009

fraser's hill

No, it's not Genting even though it's Jalan Genting. Yup, it's Fraser's Hill!! Just reached home and I can use an amputation. Damn..both my knees and below are screeching in pain, the Achilles heels are insanely painful even for a short distance. Want to know why? We actually walked about 12++km uphill and downhill in 2 hours plus. UPHILL and DOWNHILL..worse than running 22km Penang Bridge Marathon. That was just the last part. I haven't even said anything about the jungle trekking since 9am till 12pm. It almost took our lives. And imagine that I am going to Batu Caves tomorrow...oh, the stairs...

Ok, so this is what happened. It was a sudden insane plan conjured up on Thursday night. Nothing was done on Friday till 11pm when I, at last, got a short taste of bliss of going online at Eng Wee's and it was a short discussion and then ta-da we were all on our way to Fraser's Hill at 12pm the next day(yesterday). All the way to KKB by KTM and then at RM70 all the way up Fraser's Hill by taxi. The road was wiiiiindiiiiinng.....the last 8km to the hill was one-way road so the people there actually have this system where we can only go uphill at odd hour eg. 11am, 1pm,3pm and downhill at even hour eg 2pm, 4pm, 6pm. Cool ha.. So, there we were on top of the hill by 6pm and rent an apartment on the spot. Luckily, there was a room or else we would have to go back downhill and balik rumah. It was raining yesterday night and it was spent in the apartment playing cards and moths observing. I was more of screaming and jumping around when the insects flew past.

Today was the reason I could use an amputation. My knees hurt, my soles hurt, my Achilles heels hurt and everywhere along my legs. Habesla...tak pernah I jalan bukit begitu jauh...All added up together 15-20km..even my big toes are hurting now.. Anyway, there was nothing much to see. All places of interest were closed for renovation..so just jalan and jalan and jalan till my kaki patah.. Now, one more thing, not only did I walk more than 10km to a dirty waterfall, I believed I was bitten by a bloodsucker...pacat.. I didn't realize, too busy looking at the others shooing their pacat I guess. It was at the end of Abu Sadari trail or whatever that trail was, I noticed my right index finger was red when I pointed at the signboard. Then, I searched my legs thinking that there would be the source of the blood but no, my legs were clean and in the end, it was at my outer left wrist covered by the watch. And the watch was covered in blood. Everyone was so gin jiong and helped me wipe the blood while I steadily and slowly wiped my watch. Lol.. The blood kept oozing out non-stop..even after it was plastered. So, it must be the bloodsucker. I was ready to lick my blood and be a bloodsucker myself but the others' expression halted me and I succumbed to plaster... And that was my souvenir from Fraser's Hill, a Snoopy plaster.

my blood..

Snoopy plaster as my souvenir

such small hole but you never know how much the blood oozed out

More pictures will be uploaded as soon as I have got them.

No comments: