Tuesday, November 6, 2007

a friend of mine..

I have an asshole of a friend who keeps tempting me to play game. 'asobi mo ikemaseo?', he would ask. When I asked if he would choose asobi or benkyo, he would answer the former. That is what makes me call him a 'punggung lubang'. He has a paper later at 9am and I have mine at 8.30am. He said he would play for half an hour as his paper was half-an-hour later than mine and I was supposed to study. What a lame excuse.

Well, you must be thinking why he is so relaxing while I need to work so hard. First and foremost, he is a born genius...ooppss...I am not supposed to say that word. Luckily, he does not visit this world of mine. Then, he is in the engineering field which requires more of application than memorizing compared to me. Next, he said he was weak in tomorrow's subject so however he studied, it would be the same. *mouth ajar* I was practically gaping at his last sentence. I mean when you are already weak in a subject, aren't you supposed to work hard for the paper instead of slacking off and dragging your friend along ?-.-;;

Suddenly I had an urge to join him in the game too as I, too, am very weak in the paper later so no matter how
hard I work , it will be still the same, not? Not many people think this way. But I do. Everytime, I come across this kind of situation where I can't finish studying, then I will lose all the enthusiasm and I'll be very cool and calm, which makes people around me thinking that I am well-prepared for it. But instead in my heart, I was, in fact, telling myself that even if I fail, I will fail coolly.

My fingers were itchy too just now when he invited me to join him in the game but I knew I shouldn't, so in the end I stood my ground and say no to that 'punggung lubang's' temptation. Had it not been a difficult and unpredictable paper later, I would have been happily obliging his invitation to the world of Rappelz.

No comments: