The story mostly revolves around Rosie from the age of 5 to 52. The story hits me how cruel reality can be and that a small mistake can change your life drastically and that fairytales about your Prince Charming coming to your rescue are bullshits. I am considering not to let my children anywhere near them in the future. Joking... Rosie's future is totally ruined when she is accidentally pregnant at the age of 18. Giving birth to Katie and raising her up really makes me look from another perspective of motherhood and babies and it's no more fun than I thought it would be. Well, Rosie is indeed tough and going through all the obstacles in her life and living the most of her life for the sake of others instead of herself, of course with Alex there, not physically though. The story teaches me patience and appreciation. Appreciate what's in front of you and grab at the chances and not letting them go. Patience that what is mine will be mine no matter how long it takes to come to me.
Most people might find this book boring, like I did at first and the temptation to flip to the last page was so strong, just to see if Alex and Rosie get together. I thank God that I didn't do that and follow the story like it should be. The story gives me a glimpse of what adult life might be rather than those dreamy fabulous life I read in other storybooks. A quote from an e-mail from Rosie to Alex about life,
Our life is made up of time. Our days are measured in hours, our pay measured by those hours, our knowledge is measeured by years.I sometimes do sit down and think this way and I thought I was the only one pondering. The story lets me learn how to accept, take, give, leave and let go when it is time. I'd recommend this book if you are looking for something to cuddle in your bed.
We grab a quick few minutes in our busy day to have a coffee break. We rush back to our desks, we watch the clock, we live by appoinments. And yet time eventually runs out and you wonder in your heart of hearts if those seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years and decades were being spent the best way they possibly could.
No comments:
Post a Comment