Yes again I went to Sentosa Island the following weekend.. Well, that was I have told myself (or promised) that I would go again for the casino.. I never wanted to gamble, just to have a look would be sufficient. And indeed I was true to my words that I didn't succumb to the temptations around me. I have a strong will after all.. NO means NO!! This time too I didn't have a GPS with me and I was kinda lazy to print a map when there was an easily accessible walking 'GPS'. We entered Singapore as early as we could which was about 11am after all the dilly-dallying in JB and it was the earliest we could make after another late night of hardcore gaming session and late-night snack.. Now, all thanks to Kelvin feeding me late-night snacks, my stomach tends to growl by itself when it's 12am. So, we hit the road after all the hustle in JB and entered Singapore totally trusting only the GPS but it turned out that the GPS failed us the 1st 15minutes. I was quite worried at first but after some shaking, tapping and knocking, the GPS started to work fine..leading us to Holland Village, our first stop. No, Holland Village was not in the plan, the 'GPS' just needed to run some errand but I was glad to have a look around, at least I could boast that I have been there, not so 'swaku' anymore..
After a brief stop at Holland Village, we aimed for VivoCity, my main destination. And we were 15 minutes late to meet my cousins for lunch. So memalukan. Didn't know why, but for the whole day, whenever we came to a traffic light, it would turn yellow. Must be the 'GPS' signal interfering the traffic light just like in the movie called 'Eagle Eye'. Not only the traffic light, even the GPS was not working properly.. hmmm.... Ok, we had lunch at this restaurant called Bosses, in Chinese, it's called 'hei se hui'. When my cousin sis sent us the name, 'GPS' and I could not read at all cos it was in Chinese but luckily there was restaurant number. Lol.. The restaurant setting was a bit like Dragon-I and wow~the food was not bad.. I had a piece of the egg-yolk custard bao, reminded me of Hong Kong..oh, how I miss Hong Kong..
Anyway, after lunch, we headed towards our main destination, the CASINO!!!!! Yippie~! At last, I stepped my feet into the Sentosa casino.. *sheepishly* this is my third time in a casino after being legal for 3 years..shhh... The casino is actually underground so don't panic if you can't find it when you get off the Waterfront Station. Phwoah~The casino was LUXURIOUS and SPACIOUS and very GOLD. Once you were inside, there was no need to go out at all, there were a wide range of restaurants to choose from, anything under the sun, free flow of drinks ranging from plain water to soda to coffee to stay awake shouting your cards away, and also a pub-cum-bar-cum-disco?! There was a stage for performances as well. To those who smoke, don't fret if you can't find the smoking area, it's way way way at the back of the casino, it was well hidden and very smoky.. The VIP rooms are upstairs where only VIPs are allowed to go. For the Singaporeans and PRs, they have to pay SGD100 for 24-hour or SGD2000 for whole year to enter so my cousin bro who is a PR didn't enter. They have a special area for them too, well-secured, called the Orchid Room. Not bad ha.. good service. LOL..
After about an hour of loitering, we just met up outside to decide what else to do. My cousins had to leave as they had other things to tend to. So, 'GPS' and I memang planned to stay till night for Song of the Sea (I forced him to) and also LUGE ride (also I forced him to). I thought Universal Studio was already opened, then mana tau, it was not..so we just hung around the globe while 'GPS' devoured the whole globe with his camera. There was a Hershey's shop too..yummy.. Then, we decided to walk (more to my suggestion) all the way to the MERLION which was located at the next station, Imbiah Station. I almost regretted my decision cos though it looked near, it was actually quite erm..far?! LOL.. and I was on heels! All thanks to the casino la..no shorts allowed.. abo I sure wore my gladiator instead of heels. Had the urge to go back to VivoCity to get my Nike. Walked lor.. tortured my own feet but the thought of the feet mask at home just kept me going. LOL!
'GPS' took quite a number of pictures including me showing off my LION next to the MERLION. Then, we walked even further down to the last station, Beach Station, where all the games and Song of the Sea were located. We bought the 2-ride combo ticket for the skyride and LUGE ride. It was quite fun and scary at the same time riding the skyride. It was open-air and if my heels fell off my feet, then that was it la..byebye.. LOL.. So, for the whole ride up and down the wire, I was practically clenching the bar and lifting my feet up. Lame.. Once we reached the top of the hill, I couldn't wait to roll down hill. Luge ride time!! There were 2 trails-Dragon Trail and Beach Trail. Intrigued, we took the Dragon Trail first since we had two rides. It was whoa~ full of sharp bends and very bending bend. LOL!! I went down quite fast but still not fast enough. Maybe next time I should try going at 120kmph. Muahahahaha..
Since there was nothing else I wanted to try other than the LUGE ride and Song of the Sea which would only started at 8.40pm, we were out of idea how to kill the 3-hour. Like usual, I came up with lots of ideas!! And we headed to Wave House to check out the surfing place. I had quite a high expectation of that place since I have always wanted to learn and try surfing. I always thought that the man-made wave was on the rooftop and that it would be a HUGE pool something like the man-made sea in Sunway Lagoon or something. Well, it turned out to be a bit TOO SMALL and it was not on the rooftop! It was on the ground. And the price ranged from SGD15-800 depending on what package and what surf you chose. There were 2 types-Double FlowRider and FlowBarrel. Check out the price here http://www.wavehousesentosa.com/flowrider To those who don't know how to surf, no need to worry, as there would be hunky angmoh and sexy tanned beachgirl to hold your rein. LOL!!
After the Wave House, my stomach was raving mad for food and threatening me with gastric. Urgh~ so I had to bug 'GPS' for food. We settled down for a restaurant called COATES and we were sooo lucky to get such a great table by the beach. We had pasta and man..it was DELICIOUS! I might be too hungry to be saying that. LOL.. I had bolognese spag while 'GPS' had SINFUL bacon and mushroom cheese macaroni. Next to the restaurant was the BIKINI bar where the waitresses wore BIKINIs! There and then I knew why 'GPS' chose his seat..to OGLE at those boobs and great bods!! Deny it if you dare!!
After dinner and resting our tired body, we decided for the last round of skyride and LUGE ride, just nice for Song Of The Sea when we reached the bottom!! WOW~ it was a GREAT experience going uphill in the dark as well as rolling downhill on a slightly disco-lighted Beach Trail. Again, I wished I could have gone down a lot faster. LOL..
Next would be the Song Of The Sea. It was just 8pm and there was already a long queue at the entrance! Now, I knew what kiasuS are.. LOL!! Since the queue was kinda long, so we just decided to join in at about 8.15pm..not that we were kiasuS. The show was awesome!! Speechless.. A definitely MUST-WATCH!! Just SGD10/person.
We headed back to Universal Studio on foot AGAIN (we both agreed to it as the monorail looked like a sardine can)!! And I wanted to see Sentosa at night too..and 'GPS' wanted to snap snap snap away even though he didn't say it, I could feel it.. The whole place was totally lighted up except at the MERLION. But 'GPS' assured me that if flashers ambushed us, he would just flash his flash away at full power..I meant his camera flash. We made it to Universal Studio safely. There were quite a lot of street shows near the casino and Universal Studio. We stayed for some acrobatic+fire show. Then, we headed for the monorail to end our little Sentosa trip. Again, I promised myself I would come for the other adventurous games that I had missed such as the Megazip Adventure Park and the 4D Magix.
My stomach growled again...well, couldn't blame it after such a long walk and day. And me again came up with the idea of taufufah at Geylang. We did find our way to Geylang but too bad we didn't really know which shop and we could hardly find a parking slot, and you know it's Singapore so we didn't dare to try anything funny. There was a shop with LOTS and LOTS of people but it didn't look like the patrons were having taufufah also. In the end, we just headed back to JB for OldTown. Geylang was not like what I expected it to be. It is a legal prostitution area after all, so I was expecting it to be something like Chow Kit where there were lots of akua and hookers standing by the roadside enticing the passers-by and potential customers with their long legs and BIG boobs. But none can be seen in Geylang. It looked just like any other normal street in Singapore. Anyway, that's the end of our little Singapore trip. Hope to have more in the future..*wink*
No comments:
Post a Comment