Craps happened!! The whole week was sooooo hectic. It was my final week in TDM and suddenly there was a tonnes of new cases!! As in TONNES!!! Cases flowed in non-stop and there were at least 20 cases to be clerked daily and more than 50 cases to be calculated and commented. On Monday, I was the only so-called "senior" left with another PRP from HSI and in came Grace. Well, I thought it was no biggie, that it would be like just the previous weeks. So, morning we went to clerk cases and everything was smooth till after lunch! Blood samples normally came after lunch and this was the most hectic time of the day. And unluckily the HSI PRP took a half-day off!! So, there were only me and Grace. And WHY WHY WHY must there be sooooooo MANY cases when there was only me who was capable to calculate?! I mean manual calculation. Sigh~ that Monday I really broke record by covering almost all the antibiotics, antiepileptics and digoxin- all calculations. Grace did a bit of Amikacin and called the wards and Kak Shu helped out in recording and other cases. In the end we still went back at 7pm without doing the last part of our job-filing. The next day was the same as well..the difference was just there were a LOT more cases to clerk and a bit lesser cases to calculate. We managed to cabut by 6.30pm. I can never imagine myself being stuck inside the TDM room after listening to soooo many scary hair-rising stories about the ex-OT. Then on Wednesday, I told my boss that I wouldn't be there on Thursday cos I got my time-off from her last month before I stepped my foot into TDM. And guess what! From that moment on, she kinda grumbled about the workload. And what's more, the OPD SOSed people from us again. And Grace went instead of me cos I was the only one who could cover the cases fast enough. And she started wondering if she could SOS people from OPD tomorrow as well as there would be only Grace left if I were not there cos the PRP HSI was required to go back to HSI for some function. The reply she got was negative and there went again the grumbling.. I don't know..I just dislike people grumble about the way I work directly or indirectly. She didn't directly ask me to stay but she had the intention to. At first I thought I could let go and I even called my parents to tell them that I would fly back that night. But then towards the evening, something happened. Ain came in to get time-off from her on somewhere mid-March and she declined to sign it cos she said there might be not enough people to cover the work even if Ain claimed there would be 4 PRPs. After Ain left, she commented that she wouldn't let the others to apply time-off before setting their foot into TDM like ME cos there might be no one covering the work like tomorrow. In the end, I found out that I couldn't let go and I didn't want my image to be tarnished so I held back my tears and called my parents to tell them I could not fly. After hanging up, the reservoir broke and tears fell without control. Sigh~ I am such a crybaby. I just couldn't let go.. And in the end, the RM158 flight was burnt. And I wasted so much tear that night that I had puffy eyes the next day. And worst of all, I made my parents worried. Sorry..
So, I went to work the next day surprising everyone. Of course, people asked and I just said I missed the plane. So to fill in the weekends, Grace and I planned to go karaoke after work for the lou sang and free session for the Tiger baby!! But the happiness was short-lived, I called the Redbox and guessed what, I was told it would be close starting on Thursday night and Friday due to the public holiday. I was like huh?! I thought the entertainment should be opened cos it's Prophet Muhammad's birthday after all!! A day to celebrate and not mourn. Not only was the Redbox closed, the cinema was not operating as well. Dead town? So in the end, we went to a CPE about a new drug for DM dejectedly. I almost dozed off cos my brain automatically tuned off when it had to digest a heavily-accented English. Luckily, Kelvin made me stay awake with a obsolete chatroom. LOL!! But the food did wake me up! Not having lou sang at Redbox was fine after all there was lou sang at the dinner too!!
The next day Friday I was practically stuck at home doing nothing while waiting for evening to come as we had made plans to go CC. I was clever enough to clear all my on-calls as I thought I would get to go back. As evening rolled in, Andy, Grace, Kelvin, Hui Yin and I had dinner and we went to the sinful place, the CC!! Surprisingly, Hui Yin followed us after much persuading and she played Life4Dead 2! UNBELIEVABLE ha!! I was shocked myself too. But she had to leave at 10pm to fetch Chai. Too bad.. the night was just beginning for the rest of us. More games of DOTA, Life4Dead2, CS, SDO, GE after that. By 12am, Grace and Andy had given up and returned home as they had on-calls the next day. So, Kelvin and I stayed and played lots of other games till...*drum-roll*..4 am! FOUR AM!!! Imagine that!! 8pm-4am! Not that I haven't stayed till so EARLY before, I used to played till 5am at the CC with TS and Neoh last time. But that was from 12am. If I were still the me few years back, I think 8pm-4am should be nothing to me cos I had mapled from 8pm-8am the next morning without a break. Dangz! After CC, we had a small supper or breakfast? at the mamak next door and then went for a drive along Danga Bay cos I insisted on checking out the HUGE grand houses along the beach. LOL! And I couldn't believe that he actually agreed to it.. And I couldn't believe myself to be following someone whom I barely knew.. And now he's proven a hard-core STALKER!! LOL.. should I be scared?
The next day was another nothingless day. Declined to go to Singapore with bobo cos I couldn't wake up and was too tired to move a limb. I was sorry to her cos this time I was the one who ppk-ed her.. sorry dear! So, for the whole day all I did was contemplating whether to go to the casino the next day or not since dad called and asked me to enjoy myself and not to drown myself with sadness. I was delighted that both mom and dad actually gave me the permission to go out to play~! LOL!!
And the next day came! At first, I was lazy to go SG again as the GPS messaged me early in the morning saying that he couldn't make it to SG with me. I was quite dejected that time and was trying hard to sleep back till bobo called me and surprised me by saying that they were going to Sentosa Underwater World!! Yippie!! Bobo practically made me jump out of my bed and get dressed! And yes! we went to Underwater World to see dolphins and seals!! And lots of other fishes!!! I LOVE YOU, BOBO!! And you cured all my homesickness!!! Muacks! But no casino though..
Overall, the whole weekend was fun! Sigh~but I missed a chance to go home.. And the next time I could go back would be in May. So long away... My parents actually asked me to fly back on Thursday night after work. I did check the plane ticket and it was a whooping RM400+. Walao!! It was not worthy at all all!! And 3 days at home?! Nope, only 2 and a quarter..definitely not enough.. Sigh~
No comments:
Post a Comment