I just got back from watching 'The Seeker: The Dark Is Rising'. Luckily, I didn't listen to my friends, they were telling me that it was not nice. In fact, the movie was great, very fairytale-like and full of surprises that made me jump in my seat. The guys in it are good-looking as well so there is nothing to lose even if the story sucks.
The movie is about Light fighting Dark, like what we have always been believing. To save the world (more like saving the town in the movie), the Dark must be defeated. To defeat him, the Rider on the Dark side, 6 signs are to be found and the seeker is chosen. He, 7th son of the 7 sons, will look for 6 signs in 5 days in order to restore Light to the world. The Dark comes in the form of storms, snow, flood etc. Along the way, using his super powers, he seeks the signs and falls in love, very typical.
Yeah, the movie is indeed very fairytale-like, recommended for 5-year-old kids. While we were so into it, the reality was actually hit by rain. It was raining cats and dogs. Without an umbrella, I was thinking of enjoying the rain on my way back to the condo. But when we reached Genting-Klang, it was impossible for me not to accept Hsiu Ling's offer. The rain was so heavy that we could hardly see what was in front. We had to share the umbrella. Huddling under the umbrella, we quickened our pace but still we couldn't avoid the splashing from the car. It was like in any typical movie where the characters were splashed by a passing cars. Hsiu Ling and I was practically wet from the shoes to our shins but of course, we were not so drastic till the point we wanted to throw the umbrella and ran after the car cursing even after being splashed twice. Being splashed by the cars was a small matter compared to the trudge in the smelly ankle-deep water all the way to SP. It was yucky. Well, in just a few minutes, my bag, khakis and my left sleeve were soaked wet.
I found some similarities between the movie I just watched and also the condition I was in except it does not snow here in Malaysia.
No comments:
Post a Comment