It was terrible, horrible and vegetable. But I beat it! On my own with the help from someone who warned me not to mention his name. And also some help on the translation from the others-YC, CY, YY, Sam etc. and also Lee Wah and the others who kept asking me to gambate! Love you guys lots!!! *hugs and kisses* Ok, this is becoming like an acknowledgment. Lol..
Well, I think I should thank myself for setting a bloody high target. It was actually a small bet with Ying Ying and Sam that I would finish the 1st chapter by Saturday 8am as I boasted that I wanted to finish it in one day. They heard what I said and told me it was impossible as they have used weeks to do it and Sam boasted that he actually used 4 and a half day (and I beat that record too, muahahaha...). Challenged, I said I would do it by Saturday, completing the work in 24 hours. Ying Ying said fine and she wanted to see both my chapter 1 and reference according to the 'Gaya UKM' by 8am. I agreed and took up the dare.
I started from the 2nd page at 7.30pm and ended up hitting the sack at 1.30am only managing 5 pages which made it 7 pages by 8am. Lol.. Planned to wake up at 7.30am to continue but overslept till 9am. What a log! So, I lost the bet. BUT..I hadn't lost to myself yet. I challenged myself to finish it by this weekend, though felt a bit guilty for not touching the notes (faker!). At 10am on a beautiful Saturday morning, I was stuck at home continuing chapter 1. Well..it wasn't at all beautiful as it rained cats and dogs in the late afternoon till everything was white outside. At about 4pm a disaster struck, not from the nature but from none other than the rough me. I accidentally banged the already fragile CPU with my knee when I happily sat down after looking out the white scenery. By then, I already had 11 pages typed out. Once my knee came in contact with the CPU hard and fast, the whole screen froze and I froze too. Then, it went black and I went black together with it and started wailing, cursing at the top of my lungs as I didn't save my work since page 10. I almost wanted to cry at that point as I was in a rush to meet my dad for dinner.
Luckily, the PC was smart enough like me (not!) to auto save. So, I just needed to recover the file and voila! I have it back with a few sentences missing. Hehe..Almost pissed in my pants. There, I stopped at page 12 to meet my dad. After an expensive dinner with him and my brother, I started working my ass off from 10pm till 6am Sunday morning. Yep, 6am. Don't be too shocked, it hadn't beaten the record of 8pm-8am mapling. By 6am, I had 16 pages ready and 4 more to go. At first, Lee Wah was with me doing hers at her house but she left silently halfway.
By 6am, I did not know what state I was in. I was all numbed from the brain to the toes. I didn't know what I was doing, couldn't assimilate what I read and worse of all, I was surprisingly wide awake. Probably due to the tea I was consuming. My housemates started to rise to get ready for PKS so, I forced myself to retire for the night (or morning?!) thinking that I could do the remaining 4 pages later. By 11am, I got a morning call from my mom asking me how was the night. I groggily told her I did my homework till 6am asking for sympathy. All she said was I deserved it.
I rose at 11.30am, lunched at Old Town just to treat myself to a pre-celebration (actually I practically brunched there every weekend). After the lunch at 1pm, I was already stuck to my PC, never leaving it, just in case all I did evaporated. Lol.. By 6pm, I managed only 2 pages and I had 2 more left and the bad news was I was out of things to type and secret weapons to throw in. I started to tense up seeing my housemates pouring into the house after their PKS meaning that it was late and I hadn't reached my target yet. I was so pressured that I couldn't stop complaining about the 2 pages and not realizing that I was hurting the feelings around me. I was very ignorant and bad.
I couldn't think of anything to add and could only depend on the alignment to be my last resort to magically turn it into 20 pages (like the magic powder silica). Well, it did..thanks to the person who did not want to be mentioned. As Ying Ying was not there to help me with the alignment, I could only 'betray' her for a few hours and ask another 'god' for help. Lol.. And I finished it (or he) by 12am missing 'Ghost', a supper with Yuan Hui and 'Shutter' with Chuan Poh and the others. They were laughing at me for doing the work last minute. Lol..No worries, they will get what they deserve next year and I will be the one that laughs last.
Again I just wanted to boast about my speed, I used about 30 hours to complete 18 pages of chapter 1 which the others, I heard, needed weeks. BUT this speed cost me a lot. It cost me my health as I got gastric due to the pressure, my precious swimming and sleeping time, and my energy translating each and every word. At first, I estimated 20 hours for 18 pages from the speed on Friday evening. I shouldn't have set such a high target for myself, if only I had not planned to pass it up later today. If only I have the same determination for the notes. Oh well, it is already over. Time to hit the notes.
p/s: *hugs and kisses to you* supposed I wanted to hug you to thank you but I didn't think you would want that. Lol..
No comments:
Post a Comment