if you get to choose, what would you be-male or female?
3 chose to stay as male(21%), 2 chose to change to be female(14%), 4 chose to stay female(28%), 2 chose to transform to male(14%) and lastly, 3 chose to be both(21%)
Well, I did ask those who were forced to vote by me why they voted what they voted. One chose to change to be a female cos he finds that most of his girlfriends have high expectations of male to be gentleman such as accompany them to somewhere, to pay for the food, ladies first etc. meanwhile he holds onto the belief 'men and women are equal' and that women should be independent and not dependent on the men too much. And sometimes he was even reprimanded by them for not being gentleman enough. I remembered once, I commented that nowadays men were supposed to be the one supplying tissues and he flipped, saying that to him, there was no such thing and 'men and women are equal'. Hmm.. What he said was right and I respected him for that. To me, of course I prefer male to be gentleman when they are supposed to be and at the same time 'men and women are equal' so I might appear to be independent to some people though not all.
Those who chose to stay of course, obviously, love what they become. That's good. Some females chose to be male and I do not know who so I did not manage to ask them why. Probably, they find that being male is easy as one does not need to worry about bras, pads, period, PMS, the danger faced by woman for being a woman(you know..), squatting in the toilet, pregnancy, aging(for male, the older you get, the better 'quality' *wink* you are but totally opposite for the female), stripping when it is hot, breast cancer, cervical cancer etc.....
One of my friends chose to be both and his reason was that woman can shed tears whenever she wants and if a man does that, he will be frowned upon. I chose to be both too cos I find that I can play both genders well. Some of my boyfriends do not even look at me as a girl but as their buddy, not that I find it disturbing, in fact, I love it at certain times. Even my girlfriends find me cool and manly sometimes. Lol.. Well, when the time needs me to be a girl, I can play that out.
Oh well, everyone has their own reason as to why they chose that. And if you don't mind to share them, do drop by to drop your droppings.
No comments:
Post a Comment