Friday, March 14, 2008

What mom said..

Mom has been calling to 'ground' me for the past few days since the Election Day. And my friend, Lee Wah was a step faster than mom, she grounded me last Friday, telling me that there might be riots after the election. I was doubtful and had already planned to go out for a cheesecake on Saturday, the Election Day, which then was cancelled indirectly and unexpectedly, thanks to my so-called taunting attitude. I started to mold and was down on Saturday but my housemates were kind enough to go my way whenever I suggested to dine at any of the so-called expensive restaurants we can find here in Setapak.

The three of us really started to rot after the brunch and played games the whole day such as Maple, Wedding Dash, The Apprentice Los Angeles. Then, we planned a Sunday day out, a lunch at Sushi King, 10,000B.C., a high tea at Secret Recipe(to make up for the Saturday's cheesecake) and some shopping. We totally forgot about the Election thing going on and only remembered when my dad, then mom, then Lee Wah called to 'ground' me. So, in the end, we cancelled the plan again. Sob..there went my sushi, cheesecakes and movie..(and a 'revenge')

On Sunday, I was seriously rotting at home and ended up pissed off with my friends for nobody replying me in MSN and went offline whenever my name popped online. It got me wondering if I was really that scary or irritating. Well, at least I did some homework and watch '94 'Interview With The Vampire'. A cool movie and I couldn't even recognize Tom Cruise. Lol.. Look at how rotten I was.

Then, on Monday after a cheesecake treat I received another call from mom warning me not to go out and I was caught red-handed as I didn't pick up her call as I wasn't at home. And then another call from mom on Tuesday 'grounding' me again telling me about the slashing case that happened at Jalan Genting Klang. I was spooked but I still went out for a late night supper at Jln Ipoh on Wednesday. And today, another call from her just now telling me about the protest at KOMTAR in Penang and another warning came along with it. I told her I would not go out leaving the fact that I just came back from a movie(finger crossed at the back). She replied that she was relieved to hear that I would stay at home. I felt guilty straight away and wondering if I should tell her about the coming Sunday day out at Zoo Negara with a large group of juniors. Well, I did tell her about it in the end and trying to soothe her with the number of people going and not to worry about me and stuff. But you know how worry a mom can be.. I just want to tell her that I will be safe.

No comments: