I think I was a bit high yesterday..or not! I cut my hair, yeah my real long hair. The longest I have kept in my whole life and I cut it off just like that*snap my fingers*. I didn't tell anyone except Hsiu Ling as I accidentally blurted out to her when we went out for a movie. It was a surprise to everyone. Well, at first I was reluctant to depart with my hair, of course I felt sad as I have kept it for 2 years with a little bit of trimming now and then. But I was even sadder to see my hair spoilt in my inexperienced hands with split ends and dry. I kept telling myself that it would be long again and this time I will try my best to take good care of it, giving it enough nutrient.
I didn't tell anyone as I found that the more I talked about my plan, the higher probability that it would stay as a plan. Lol..when my housemates asked the reason I cut my hair, I replied because I was afraid of worms making home in my hair. I just wanted to try a new hairstyle and get rid of the spoilt hair, that was all. Maybe I wanted to be a new person too. After cutting my hair off, my head felt a lot lighter, practically bouncing and I felt a lot fresher and clearer in mind. Short hair suits my personality better, the buoyant and hyperactive me. Long hair kept reminding me to tone down my waving arms and legs, to be more feminine which is not really my cup of tea most of the time. Lol.. Plus I found that my long hair made me gloomier and more mature. One more thing, rapists usually aim for long-haired girls as they are easy to grab.*wink*
I told my friend that I just broke up with my 'boyfriend'(as if I have one, lol..), that was why I cut my hair, to start a new life. Lol..this cutting hair after a relationship broken was a fad in my secondary school. Whenever we saw someone's hair became short suddenly, we knew straight away she just broke up. Cool, ha..
At first I wanted to cut my hair shorter than now, something like a boy's haircut but the hairstylist refused to cut it short. I even fantasized about asking him to stop when he did the first snip and then ran out saving my hair, I ended up giggling the first few minutes he snipped my hair. Crazy. Everyone was surprised that I was willing to let go of my hair and kept asking me where I had my hair cut, I practically repeated the word 'IMP' more than 20 times today*sweat*. This is going to be a surprise to my dad as he did not know yet. I could imagine my mom nodding her head off when I told her that I wanted to cut my hair, she was 1000% supporting me. But she would be fuming if she knew that I needed to style my hair before I could step out of the house. Now I have to wake up earlier in order to look good before I go to school..sigh..more work..but if it makes me look good, why not? Some said the hair worked, some said not, so what say you?



3 comments:
pls dont dear....
i like ur long hair.
everybody's talking about tat actress's hair. well, it's really nice for her. but i won't cut the short hair like tat ever in my life loh.
too short. for me.
haha...i know..everyone likes me in long hair. thank you..
maybe not now la..later i will keep my hair long again.
plus i am used to short hair already. 2 years of long hair is nothing compared to 20 years of short hair..haha..dont worry, it will grow back
Post a Comment