Sunday, May 4, 2008

dinner of cholesterol..

Today's dinner was fabulous aside from it being high cholesterol. I just don't learn, do I? Lol.. We had abalone, seafood, a very large half fish head, some pork. a big labi-labi leg, paddy frog and surprisingly no vege other than some broccoli as garnish! And of course, with my third uncle, there is always Chivas or any other hard alcohol. This time, it was Chivas Regal 18. The taste was smooth as I let it roll around my tongue and scorching when it ran down my throat. Nicey...Lol.. And just 5mins ago, my dad 'hush-hush'-ly let me try his 30-year-old Martell Cordon Blue which cost around RM600 if he were to sell it. Shh.. all these are 40%.

The afternoon was great. Had laksa but not the one I wanted. Well, I will have it on Tuesday. Met up with my friend who just got back from US. He has really changed. A lot. Well, expected. He spoke so highly of Americans. Of how they talk intelligently unlike us here. And how he loves the west compared to here. He found us crapping more unlike them and we talk funnily. Lol.. what does that supposed to mean? Haha.. Then he said I was smart. I was flattered but did it hold the truth? Anyway, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

He gave me some examples on how the Americans normally talk when they meet their friends. I do find their way is a lot better and..erm..how do I put it? More adult? More mature? Well, it just shows they care or they are concerned about each other or something like that. I just like their way of greeting. Maybe I should implement it into my daily life. I know I know..I am being a copy-cat but I am, at least, copying the right thing, right?

So, how do you pronounce 'Porsche'? POR-shay or PORSH? I am so used to the former and some of my friends pronounce the latter. Well, I looked it up and it is PORSH-uh! It's from Germany so we must pronounce the German way!

2 comments:

Gine said...

Sometimes I do feel that my friends back in home town crap childishly compared to friends I know in UKM Bangi. But hey, they are my old friends whom I grew up with and I still want to grow up with them =) I still love to go out with them no matter what will be discussed over the mamakstall table and teh tarik!

zephyrcj said...

sometimes, we just need balance. after a long time of intelligent talk, we just need break of crap talk. Lol..