Friday, May 2, 2008

first day at home..

To Cheng Yuen, Kah Wai, Yuan Hui and whoever who is worried about my health, please don't be too worried after reading this post as I am very much still alive (sadly or gladly) sitting here typing ferociously like there's no tomorrow..

I just got back to NT today. The journey home was terrible. It took 6 hours long, damn long, first time. The bus was supposed to depart at 9.30am but I waited for about 45 mins at the platform below before it appeared before my eyes and took in all the smoke which was a terrible mixture of cigarette and exhaust. My lungs now must be darker than anyone else's. Then, the bloody bus driver took two long breaks and that was what stalled the trip.

First day at home was already a bliss. Indeed, home is the best, homey home. I couldn't hide it from mom so I told her the reading and I did it deliberately slow and full of suspense.

me: *eyes looking down*Ma, I need to tell you something, some really bad news.
Looking up, I saw her staring at me worriedly and seriously. I almost wanted to laugh but this is serious here.
mom: What is it?
me: Erm...that day hor...
her thought: oh no, don't tell me she has lost her virginity..
me: That day hor.. I went to check..
her thought: omg, pregnancy test???
me: I went to check my cholesterol level and it said 6.78.

Her expression changed as fast as lightning from relieved-1 sec- to hmph!-I-told-you-so look. Lol.. That's my mom.. (actually, I made up her monologue cos of course, I do not know what she was thinking but her little scrunched up brow, downward-lips did give me that thought. Which mom isn't worry about their daughter getting pregnant uninvitingly)

And then she treated me this for dinner...

this does look like cacing isn't it? well, yeah..yummy cacing with high cholesterol

cacing cacing cacing...bukanlah..octopus la..

Mom's friends had this...my favourite but tak boleh makan due to ******

nice nice yummy seafood tomyam..slurpp..

Now, this is something I had...

looks healthy is it not? burp! oppss...excuse me

opps..on a closer and blur look..not.. all are deep-fried..

Lol..this is just first day. I am hoping for more tomorrow. Morning breakfast...tosai! Eng Wee, you are missing all..lol..

No comments: