Tuesday, May 6, 2008

fishy...

Today's lunch was fish and nothing but the fish. These fishes we had were not from sea but from river so we called it he xian (河鲜) instead of hai xian (海鲜). I regreted for not taking pictures. Low batt. We had lam kor (hokkien) aka soon hawk (cantonese) aka ikan hantu (malay, well, I named it ikan bodoh cos the fish didn't even move or fight when it was caught) but I do not know the English name. Yup, we had it fresh not live. Lam kor costs about RM150++ /kg in the market but we had it rather cheap, about RM80/kg. *snicker* Not only lam kor, we also had kam fung (cantonese) aka jin fung (mandarin). Kam fung is a lot cheaper than the former and it is red in colour, a lot bigger too. So why is lam kor, a thinner fish with spot, more expensive? Dad said it was hard to find. So, I decided that it was too stupid to move or run away when people catch it. Lol.. Dad promised me laksa but we missed it. Too bad, I will just have to wait for the next trip. Next trip, we are going to Sg Kob for fresh fish reared using water from the hill. So, I called it san xian (山鲜). Lol...

I just finished making cheesecake. This time I tried coffee flavour, adding my dad's Davidoff coffee. Shh.. I guess I didn't put in enough as it did not have the smell of coffee other than from the cookies base. Hmm.. what should I try next time? Yogurt maybe? Have a look at my art..



i topped it with choc chips and almond slice

Anyway, I am going back to KL tomorrow to save my worm powder. Sob..sob.. can't do lab, what am I going to do???

The other day, I talked to my friend about marriage. Not that we were getting married, just discussing. He asked when I planned to get married. I answered at the age 31 or 2. He was surprised. Why so old? Old?!? Lol.. I don't think it's old, I think it is the right time for a working woman. I graduate only at the age of 23, be a government servant till the age of 27, then traveling around the world (that's it if I can give up RM4000++ salary) for 2-3 years max till the age of 30.. now don't you just think 30++ is just right? But of course I will try my best not to drag till 35 cos the percentage of giving birth to a Down's syndrome baby is about 30%++. He found my plan a bit kinky. Lol.. After telling him, I felt the same too. Well, it's just a plan afterall unless I find my Mr. Right before the age of 30. Whenever I come back to Penang and meet my family, I'd be bombarded with questions about my significant half since I am at the right age (according to my friend, it should be 25 not 30+ and my mouth dropped as a response) and I've got to laugh out loud. I always give the same answer for years, I am not ready yet plus who would like the boyish me and I still want to enjoy my life a few years more. It's always so merry when I meet them. Gonna miss Penang when I get back to KL.

No comments: