Thursday, June 12, 2008

cancer??

I have been wondering if I would get cancer by the end of next week. It's all thanks to the solvents I am using to run the pharmacopoeial assays. I have been using pyridine since last Wednesday and the smell is, god, terrible! From my experience, anything that gives off strong smell like pyridine, ether, acetone etc does not promise good future. They are either carcinogenic (eg pyridine), disrupting menses (eg acetone) or just simply harmful to your body. I don't even trust the mask nowadays as the smell still penetrates the protection. The worse part is I can't wear mask till next week cos I just straightened my hair and I don't want to have weird shapes on it. I have been testing the same raw material for its hydroxyl value for god-knows-how-long. If Eng Wee gets cancer or anything(touch wood), I am so going to blame myself. What makes it worse is he doesn't even complain or grumble when I pester him to do the assays with me when he has his own work to do.

Other than my health, I am worrying about my weight too! I don't know why but my addiction to food just grows. Lol.. Another way to say my appetite is getting bigger. Starting this week, I noticed that my breakfast and lunch portions are getting bigger than usual. I eat more and tend to get hungry earlier than expected. And guess what! My excuse is that my liver is using too much energy in metabolising the chemical. Lol! Anyway, tomorrow is the end of fourth week and dinner has been decided! Will be at the ice shop!

No comments: