Sunday, June 29, 2008

ROB! ADRIAN! ADRIAN!

So, the 'Rob' of our flashmob today was called Adrian! Adrian Yap is the boss and editor of KLue magazine. The flashmob was at Urbanscapes at KL Performing Arts Centre (KLPAC) in Sentul West. It has been my dream for quite some time to enter the guarded Sentul West and I got to fulfill it today! There was no sms at 4pm as promised but it came at 11am, which I did not know what the reason was that I did not get any sms at all! I e-mailed RandomActs once the post on RandomAlphabets was up saying that we had to e-mail our mobile number. They just missed my number. Oh, what the heck! Anyway, the sms told us to look for a guy in green shirt with 'I HEART KL' on it at 4pm to get the flyer after saying the password-RA. We hunted the shirt down for 15 mins and in the end we found him in white with a GREEN heart. Lol..

Urbanscapes is a place where all the talented and artistic people gather to exhibit, sell or simply introduce their creation-this is my definition. There were 9 of us-Avon, Li Qian, Yen Mei, Chin Meng, Su Lynn, Jason, Siva, Eugene and MOI! At 5pm, we started walking in marketplace, asking people around us if they had seen Adrian. We asked mostly the stallkeepers so most of them knew who he was. We walked in and out, changing the question every now and then rather than the usual "Have you seen Adrian?" or "Do you know Adrian? I am looking for him." Most strangers gave us a blank look and shook their head. Luckily, we didn't try "Hey faggot, where the fuck is Adrian?" which was believed to be Vishnu's line if he were there.

After 15 minutes of roaming marketplace, we starting shouting, screaming, high-pitching, singing for Adrian all around the places. I tried different types of languages and ways of calling his name-Aodrion, Odrion, AdriON! Doko-ka? Ni zai na li? Nei hang bin tou ar? Jason tried the tamil version. While shouting, we noticed Siva and Eugene were not with us so we started shouting for them as well. It was hard not to laugh. We even did a short choir Adriannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, soprano ADDD-DriAN, cheer Adrian Adrian Adrian etc. The real Adrian stood up and said "I am here. You looking for me?" Nobody acknowledged him and we just went on. Lol.. A few cute Adrians admitted they were Adrian but we said "Sorry, you are not the one!" This one is funny, from Jason, "Oi, Adrian, where is the 10k you owed me?!"

The whole thing caught people's attention and some even helped calling and we dragged the whole event till 5.45pm rather than stopping at 5.32pm. We went into the bazaar train-like and shouted for Adrian and then into KLPAC and shouted like orang gila.. People just looked at us. Lol.. I wonder if I will still have my voice tomorrow. Well, the best thing of all was that there were LOTS of HOT guys and girls! Real cute and real HOT! So, this is where all the cute guys and girls are. Seems like all the HOT and cute are artistic. Cuci mata.

It was a great event, another success! There is another one coming on 12 July called "Look Up More (LUM)". I have no idea what it is. Can't wait for it!

After the flashmob, I went to Pavilion to catch 7.15pm Wanted. It was an action-packed movie. The storyline is typical which I do not really recommend it but the stunts...you just have to watch them in the cinema to get the fullest of it. So, you decide..story or stunts? Cars flying, bullets hitting bullets, curving bullets-I meant the route that the bullet took is actually curved not straight, hi-tech guns with camera and a X!

Just got a message at Facebook from RandomActs saying that Adrian went into hiding after seeing us screaming blood for him. He text one of the RA collaborators saying "you think I'm stupid is it?" Lol..

No comments: