Monday, June 30, 2008

dinner and archery

Any new shops opened in Setapak will never be missed by me, the food seeker. Lol.. There is this new shop called Yo! Chill out! at Plaza Prima, just opened 5 days ago. The shop serves only Western and also gelato ice-cream. I tried Sizzling Sauteed Chicken while Chin Meng tried Grilled Salmon. We shared Wafer Basket which is a 5-mini-scoop of gelato ice-cream in a wafer basket and also Peachy Pleasure which is an ice-blended mixture of peach and cucumber. The drink and dessert were not bad. But the main course was a bit unexpected. Now, I know look can deceive. The presentation was not bad, in fact, it was inviting but the salmon was a bit too hard or maybe firm which should not be if you knew how to cook it well and the chicken was the same too. The price was affordable. Main course costs around RM10++ and the drinks and desserts are below RM10. The setting is good and most important of all, it suits me. It's a good place to hang out. And I can tell you that it is run by someone with good background of English. It's just my bad habit to look for grammatical errors and typo in menu, there were not none, just a few.

After the dinner, Chin Meng and I decided to try archery. Yeah, it was spontaneous. We rushed upstairs to get out student card and then downstairs to the archery shop. First time there, we were taught the basic. I was considered good as a first-timer as I scored 86 marks for the short-ranged (a few 9-10 points aka the bull's eye) and then promoted to the long-ranged which I scored rather badly at 46. The bow for the long-ranged was a bit tougher than the short-ranged. The pros there said I had potential. Lol.. It was not bad and quite fun too. I might consider taking it up as a hobby but first of all, I need to train my arm to be stronger. This sport is not as easy as I have thought. The string is hard to pull and the bow is rather heavy too. After two games of a dozen (RM5 each for student), my left elbow and arm felt lighter and more flexible or I thought it dislocated. Lol..

Well, after resting so much, it is time for me to get back to my industrial training report. God help me!

No comments: