Yup! I just straightened my hair (3rd time in 2 years)! Surprise?! Hmm...Probably not! It has already been two months since I last visited the saloon and my hair was really bushy like a Shih Tzu. Like what Izzat's grandma commented on his bushy hair, "a peasant who doesn't have enough money to cut his hair!" Lol.. My hair is curly too and by straightening it, it will look a lot more manageable and girlish. Earlier when I had my damn long hair cut short, a friend commented that I should have kept the long hair as it balanced my masculinity. A good one! Well, no use to regret, what has been done cannot be undone.
I did the rebonding at e3 just now right after I reached Setapak at about 6.30pm with Yee Chiun. Now, I thought that I looked like a coursemate of mine. Funny! And I don't want to look like her! Anyway, when I stepped into the shop asking for a rebonding, a stylist called Reyen (what a weird name!)-seemed to be the person-in-charge-commented my hair being dry and coarse, I didn't care for my hair etc etc which I disliked a lot. That was her FIRST offense! Yeah, I dislike people commenting about my hair no matter how professional they are. It's just me, I know my hair is not as nice as yours or soft or whatever, I just don't find there is a need to spend my money on treatment at saloons, for now, perhaps later when I earn my money..
Then, she told me that my coloured hair at the end might "explode" as in going frizzy after rebonding. I was shocked beyond words as the coloured hair was still long and if I had to give them up, my hair would be really short. It took me about 5mins to decide whether I should continue my plan. I did anyway..who cared about what exploded.
Then her SECOND offence was decided when she commented about my white hair. There was this guy handling my hair, let's just call him Mr. Assistant as it's his current position according to him, remarked on my white hair which happens to appear only on the right side of the head. I replied, "Well, it just shows that I am creative as I use more of my right brain.." Politely, he smiled. But this Ms. Tight-Bun-Know-It-All just didn't know how to react to a light joke made by a CUSTOMER! She just continued, "You should relax, you should learn how to relax. Letting your white hair grow by thinking too much is a mistake. It's useless to think so much and get white hair. You should have spent more time on your hair, doing treatment, applying oil. You should have dyed a darker colour if you have white hair and with your hair being this thick, you shouldn't have it so layered..." My smile went stiff listening to her. I wanted to retaliate by saying "look who's talking!" But of course, being the civilized me, I held my tongue. If she has known how relaxed and playful I am, I guess she was going to turn it the other way round. But who cares about what Ms. Tight-Bun-Know-It-All knows.
Goodness! What a treatment! Not to mention that my scalp was scorched a few times by both the iron and hairdryer and noone took notice even when I cringed. They told me that I should tell them if it scorched and I was thinking what difference could it make when I could only comment right after they hurt my scalp, it was not like they were going to give me cooling cream or something like that. But the result was not that bad, still presentable.
No comments:
Post a Comment