Sunday, January 6, 2008

post 100th..i am legend

Whoa..I thought I would talk about something nice and sweet in my 100th post. I just watched 'I am Legend' last night. It was so touching and delicious. This is one movie that lacks human and background music. Thought that it saved a lot but in fact there are a lot of zombies?! vampires?! evolved super human?! Lol.. It is indeed a good movie that keeps me pondering about all the things I used to think.

Neville is all alone with his dog, Sam, in New York City, probably the last human but not survivor. He is surprisingly immune to the virus and his dog too, to the airborne virus. The movie shows how he lives all alone in New York City with his dog, hunting deers, eating canned food, hiding himself from the monsters. He was wanted by the monster probably due to his immune food or as food. It was very sad and meaningful, the way he lives all alone with noone to talk to, except his dog and also music. All he does everyday is going to the CD store returning and taking new music and also talking to the mannequins, pretending that they are alive, broadcasting his voice to call out to other survivors, if there are any, researching on the evolved rats searching for the cure. The ending was very gloomy but still it was a great movie.

When I looked at Neville being all alone even on his birthday and could only have a one-way conversation with his best friend, Sam and the mannequins, makes me ponder how I could have wished to be all alone when I was young. It struck me that I was so childish. I saw the loneliness in him but he was strong to brave it. I used to think how nice it would be if I were all alone in the world, all the space was mine, all the prettiest houses were mine, the air was mine, the comics and storybooks were mine and everything else in this world. However, I kept thinking what about food? What about electricity? What about the housework? What if I have read and used all the things? What if I die? Who would handle my corpse? All the 'what ifs' and 'what abouts' kept looming in my head. I knew it was very childish of me to be wishing for such thing. I couldn't help it as I am very possessive and always want everything. Well, now I know that how hard it was to be the only one.

No comments: