At 3pm, we were all gathered at the town hall for the closing ceremony. Everyone looked sad. I don't know why but I couldn't feel sad. Weird? Probably.. I mean all the time, I cry at every movie and storybook I watch and read, somehow, I just couldn't shed a tear that day. My friend said I have a heart of rock. Perhaps..
The next few nights were spent at UMS. The first night there, my 'ikan bilis' given by my family was assaulted by a cat which came in from the window. The cats there were so 'muka tembok' that they were not afraid of human. Even when I dragged it out by tail, it didn't turned to scratch me. We had a tour around UMS, it is a cool University. I bet all the students there never have stress as there are hills and sea all around, not to mention that there is even aquarium like Aquaria KLCC but smaller. UMS has become a tourist spot as there was a bus of Koreans visiting the campus. Lol..
We spent a few days at KK. The 5 of us, all Chinese, were out practically every night there when everyone was resting in their rooms. We roamed KK, shopped around and surprise surprise!! I saw cosplay!! I knew there was a cosplay competition going on in KK but didn't know which mall. We just walked around and voila!! It was at the Asia City Complex.
The last day in KK, we went island hoping at Pulau Mamutik, Pulau Manukan and Pulau Sapi. Only normal snorkelling can be done there but the sand at one side was so beautiful, so soft and so different from the rest, it was void of the corals, just fishes, sea cucumbers and seaweeds. I was so lucky to see such beautiful things. But the bad thing(or good) is that I was sunburnt, the whole back of mine were scorched and now it still look like lobster. It was because I didn't wear the life jacket, no wonder I couldn't get dark back at the other islands I went.
After KK, we went to Kundasang, Poring hot spring and overnighted at Ranau. Kundasang is something like Cameron, fresh vege, nice views and so on. At Poring hot spring, I learned how to smoked tobacco, the one smoked by apek, where one needs to roll and wrap it. It was bad. The taste was strong and eww... It made me a bit high in the head. Couldn't finish it. The last night was spent at a rest house called Lohan Rest House which is in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by hills and bushes. There, my friends entertained me with their ghost stories, I was practically shivering, thanks to them. And there went my imagination scaring me at night. The next morning, which was the last, we woke up at 4am to get ready to depart at 5am. Dawn is the darkest night or so I heard. The sky was filled with stars, funnily we saw stars only on the last day probably because we slept too early everyday. I was so lucky that dawn that I got to see a few shooting stars!! Too short the time to wish upon the star. Lol..
The last day was spent at Sandakan. Went to Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre, unluckily we missed the feeding time by half an hour and orang utan will not be seen if it isn't the feeding time. Too bad.. After that we headed to the crocodile farm, normal stuff. Then we headed to the last destination, the Sandakan town, nothing much to see.
Well, this is roughly the journey. Took 800++ pictures. A lot? And spent around RM300++. Till now, I have spent RM1000++ for 2 trips.
No comments:
Post a Comment