Saturday, September 15, 2007

what happened today...

Today my grandbuddy came to Setapak to have dinner with me. She was very sweet, cute and truthfully I like her..a lot in fact. Just hope that my little buddy, Yi Xin won't get jealous. I still love you, don't worry. I was told that my grandbuddy is a very quiet person but I guess even the quietest or a dumb will be talkative once they meet me.

After the dinner and some stupid pictures snapping, I drove the juniors-Keat Ming, Wen Bin, Chuan Poh and Hui Jun- and Yuan Hui to Carrefour to buy mooncakes. We took a few minutes longer to reach our destination as the car seemed to have a hard time moving, practically doing its own tortoise-crawl up the slope, and I was worried that we would be stranded at the roadside as the fuel was decreasing with the fuel light kept lighting up. We reached Carrefour safely though.

After roaming around pointlessly and I started to grow tired, I became very blur and doubted my driving skill. Once I start to feel sleepy, I will feel drunk and drowsy and start blabbering away and keep asking people to slap me awake. A very weird habit.

After half an hour, we headed back to KTSN to drop my grandbuddy off. Again, the car was rather slow especially going up the slope. On the way back after dropping her, I was really worried that the car would die off halfway back so I stopped by at Petronas to pump petrol. I was too careless and kinda rushed, that the cover of the petrol tank fell off and rolled underneath the car. I went to the passenger side to have a good peep and also to ask the tallest guy(around 185cm) in the car to help me with his long arm.

Then suddenly, I noticed that I had a back left flat tyre. I was too shocked,first time encountering a flat myself, but I still got myself to get the cover out from beneath. They help me to think what to do with the flat. Of course I didn't lose my composure..Not so easy to lose it when something happen.

I reversed the car to the air pump and we all wrinkled our brows thinking hard what to do with it. I didn't know what was the pressure for the tyre. I thought it was 80kPa but I saw the Perdana beside me pumping 220kPa. So I called my brother-he said it was 30kPa, even worse-and he directed me to Dad. While I was asking my Dad and thinking hard, the driver of the Perdana came out and pressed a button for us indicated to check the pressure. I was speechless as I didn't know what it was for. My Dad said there must be something wrong with the tyre as it wouldn't go flat so suddenly. Either it has got a nail on it or I think I drove too fast through the bumpers and holes. He advised me to drive it back slowly to brother and let him do the checking tomorrow. He tried to talk me into changing to the spare tyre and at the same time doubting my skills. I said I could do it if he gave me the permission and there were 3 skinny guys to help me out. Yeah, I know where to put the jack, how to jack the car up and change the tyre-all proudly preached by my Dad last time. But still he told me to drive home slowly, after crouching near the tyre consulting him for 10minutes, trying everyway I could.

We laughed along the way home and I was so embarrassed. I mean this was the first time I drove the juniors out and then this embarrassing incident happened. Though more to funny. I couldn't help but keep telling them it was embarrassing to have a flat tyre while driving them and they were all stranded at the petrol station with me wasting their precious resting time. I said it was embarrassing because I portrayed myself as a cool, confident, sure and down-to-earth person but the image crumbled once I encountered such problem. It was like showing them my weak point.

Well, it was a great experience though and a sweet memory that I will cherish as we laughed about it on the way back. I am glad that they are still willing to ride my car next time even after such incident. And I am glad that they said I am fun to be with and will want to go out together again some time later..that statement just made my day.

No comments: