Before I came here, I thought I would go into R&D, thinking that handling human is never my life. Sitting in the lab doing some research creating new stuffs might be what I wanted. But now I am doing an analysis on worm in the lab and it just hits me somehow that this is not what I wanted really. Ask the others who share the same lab as me, what I do all the time in there. Humouring them, that's what I do because there is not much for me to do other than waiting for the results. If nobody talks to me, I will be rotting in there waiting for the specimen to be burned for 5 hours just to see how much moisture is in the worm. I may stay long in the lab for the whole day but there is always nothing to do other than waiting. And the waiting always gets on my nerve. Never tell me to study, I just can't concentrate, too much distraction.
Not only that I mold in the lab but I also find that working in the lab is unhealthy for me. The hazard in there is not something I can control especially when it is harming my body. The solvents evaporates and enter my body through inhalation and also through skin. I was shocked to find that my period came earlier than it should. It came on the day 19. I was really really surprised and it wasn't as viscous as it should. I fear and so I looked it up and found out that too much inhalation of acetone shortens the menstrual cycle. I should wear a mask but being the curious me, I just love to bring anything to my nose and sniff them like a canine. Now, I am scared as it might affect my reproductive system. For the time being not much data on it yet. But it just scares me. I am a scaredy cat.
No comments:
Post a Comment